Archived Single Price Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you do with sporting goods and office?
I just set them as they are. Nobody said anything. I actually got all but 4 endcaps set total this week and that's just because clearance was on those 4 endcaps. Nobody said anything about it so I am doing the same thing this week with sport and small apps. Pets sales planners came in as SPP so I'm hoping that means that more will start coming down like that.

They need to get rid of sales planners totally and let us do what we want for spp or they need to make all sales planners spp. It is a pain in my ass every week to figure out what to set, what not to set, set something bc it doesn't have a home just to come in he next day and someone has taken it down bc it's not spp. IF someone flexes it somewhere I can't find it when I need to for price change. As a PPTL it is horrible. I'm trying to keep TSOT and SF LOC ACC green and this is ruining my scores.
I said the same thing. My idea would be to have all ECs be store option with plans for suggested items to be store tied to that EC. If it blows out, sells terribly, untie everything and set something that will sell/excess items or if it is needed for clearance. Take all SPLs off TWT so it doesn't affect if it needs to be killed.

Whatchu talkin bout....

On the sign/label PC, there is a price management menu. In that function you can alter the prices of any item as you see fit. Then add it to a set of promo date ranges. Of course this requires a higher privilege login. I have used it on a toss pillow endcap where the prices were $2 difference, some candles that were within 1 cent of each other, as well as marking down some short dated dog food.

I said the same thing. My idea would be to have all ECs be store option with plans for suggested items to be store tied to that EC. If it blows out, sells terribly, untie everything and set something that will sell/excess items or if it is needed for clearance. Take all SPLs off TWT so it doesn't affect if it needs to be killed.

This used to work over 10 years ago when you could go shopping in your stockroom and had options aplenty to pick from. Now you barely get enough product to sustain the home location and the sales plan.

On the sign/label PC, there is a price management menu. In that function you can alter the prices of any item as you see fit. Then add it to a set of promo date ranges. Of course this requires a higher privilege login. I have used it on a toss pillow endcap where the prices were $2 difference, some candles that were within 1 cent of each other, as well as marking down some short dated dog food.
There was direction from HQ a while back to stop using store TPC for anything besides approved departments in meat and produce because it affects replenishment too much...

There was direction from HQ a while back to stop using store TPC for anything besides approved departments in meat and produce because it affects replenishment too much...

Right, he is not using the TPC function though, simply adding items to already existing HQ generated promotions. They do not track those and I use it all the time!

The easiest thing I do is just shop receiving. I just look for pallets of stuff we have tons of in there and make those into statements. Add them to a promo if the margin is high on them or if there is a slight variance between them. Bonus points if the boxes still have the "deep" inventory stickers from last year on them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back