Archived Slowly starting to resent being put in pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started in Pricing in mid-september. Was able to train in the backroom, flow, cashier, and Sales floor during Christmas seasonal. I was also put on the specialty toy team during most of the Christmas season when I wasn't in the backroom or training other work centers. Seeing how those other teams worked compared to the pricing team at my store really made me hope to get more of the backroom shifts, but alas, since Christmas season ended, I've had no shifts other than price change.

It wouldn't be so bad if the equipment actually worked the way it's supposed to, but it never does. I was supposed to be training in Plano today and if I did well at it, was going to ask my tl about switching to it. Instead, when I got here, I was told to do the backroom pull ticket that was supposed to be done yesterday. When I asked yesterday if I needed to go back and do it, I was told not to my the tm in charge of pricing team. I was also told my scans hadn't been up to par lately, to which, I mentioned, that the equipment issues had been preventing me from getting scans.

I basically got punished for two issues that weren't my fault and the one day I was looking forward to doing something other than pricing, I was stuck, yet again, doing pricing. I wasn't even scheduled for today, but I agreed to come in to get trained elsewhere and it didn't even happen. To say that I'm livid is an understatement.

Just ugh. I used to be happy coming into work every day and that's just not the case lately. Not really sure what options I have at the moment but I'll take any advice anyone would care to give.

I work in Instocks and have similar difficulties with equipment, getting pulled to other areas, conflicting directions, etc. I keep a notebook I call my "CYA Book" ("Challenge Your Accusation" but really "Cover Your Ass"). Anytime I have to spend more than a couple mins looking for equipment, get pulled to a different area, etc. I write it down. That way I have a record I can reference when they say " Why the F isn't the task list done yet?!?!" Or "Why are there 35 Research batches left in the gun?!?!" I'll say, (rant/) "Well, on Monday I spent 20 mins looking for a MyDevice then I had to go to the smart huddle at 10am and spent 45 mins there, then I spent 10 mins looking for a flat or tub, then I had to help with the 11:00 & 12:00 CAFs because the mid didn't show up. Soooo I spent 3 hours scanning, and 1 hour pulling. Oh, and there were 4 TLs scanning all morning too. On Tuesday… " (/rant)

I work in Instocks and have similar difficulties with equipment, getting pulled to other areas, conflicting directions, etc. I keep a notebook I call my "CYA Book" ("Challenge Your Accusation" but really "Cover Your Ass"). Anytime I have to spend more than a couple mins looking for equipment, get pulled to a different area, etc. I write it down. That way I have a record I can reference when they say " Why the F isn't the task list done yet?!?!" Or "Why are there 35 Research batches left in the gun?!?!" I'll say, (rant/) "Well, on Monday I spent 20 mins looking for a MyDevice then I had to go to the smart huddle at 10am and spent 45 mins there, then I spent 10 mins looking for a flat or tub, then I had to help with the 11:00 & 12:00 CAFs because the mid didn't show up. Soooo I spent 3 hours scanning, and 1 hour pulling. Oh, and there were 4 TLs scanning all morning too. On Tuesday… " (/rant)
Love that cya...gonna have to put that on my desk wall.

I like this idea. Might get a little memo pad today just for that. Thanks for the tip!

The other issue though is that every day we've been pulled away to help with 4x4s for at least an hour at a time.

I think all together it's always an equipment issue. Even doing flexi nine times out of ten I'm punching that thing just to get the screens up I need. If I have mid shifts on sales floor I'm lucky if I even get a walkie. You're not alone with this on any level. Every job is hurting because of lack of equipment.

Ok. You need to seem like a team player, and suck it up until you are moved to another work center.

Get to know the TLs of Backroom and Plano. Let them know how interested you are in working in those centers.

Be aware that they might already have a fully staffed team, and your store is most likely short on hours.

At the beginning of a new year the price change workload is extremely heavy due to the fact that the whole store has to recover from the fourth quarter and begin its post Christmas sets, basically out with the old in with all the new.

So the fact that you are trained in the price change workcenter means that you will be scheduled there and continue to be scheduled there for the next few weeks until the workload gets manageable for the price change regulars. There is no escaping it without sounding/coming off as "whiny" or "not a team player". Unfortunately the price change team gets pulled to do 4x4s and reshop instead of focusing on their daily tasks I totally agree with @Ringwraith917, on keeping a notebook on what other "tasks" you got pulled to do, I do the same thing, and it has saved me more than a few times.

On top of those situations there is never enough equipment: walkies, pdas, my devices or even printers-take your pick they seem to be always in short supply. I blame the my device, don't get me wrong its great for sales floor tasks and assisting guests but every other applications, it just sucks. The battery drains to quick when performing price change and backstock. Instead of spending a little money, and letting stores keep a few extra pdas, the spot simply "reallocated"pdas to other stores and pushed the my device. The my device was built it up to be the best thing ever, not knowing the crippling effect it would have on day to day operations due to some bugs and flaws.

@Red Buffalo, The good news is that since price and pog usually fall under the same TL, put a bug in their ear about working with the POG team after the workload for price becomes manageable.

I talked to one of the other POG TMs that was on the toy team with me and he basically said there's not really a spot on POG for another TM right now unfortunately. The TL knows I'd rather be in another work center since I had mentioned it earlier in the morning. Other than that, I figured I'd just duck my head and show them I can get some serious work done when it needs to be. Worked on our clearance corner in the backroom the entire day, but I was able to ticket every pull ticket item left over in the gun plus today's ticket and every stitch of PLU shit left there. I'm sure they'll find 8 tubs of BS to fill it back up again by tomorrow, but that was the first time I'd seen the corner entirely empty since late November.

This is what my printer is doing currently
20160112_072906.jpg

20160112_072944.jpg

The clearance stickers also started coming out like the as is sticker shortly after. They won't stop beeping and rebooting them and rebuilding them does nothing. It is driving me nuts. That and the mydevice just spinning and spinning when I scan an item.

The clearance stickers also started coming out like the as is sticker shortly after. They won't stop beeping and rebooting them and rebuilding them does nothing. It is driving me nuts. That and the mydevice just spinning and spinning when I scan an item.

Our printers do this all the time, just another reason to hate targets equipment. When I leave target for good they will be lucky to find someone else to put up with all this crappy ass equipment. There is days I just hang around and do nothing because I am waiting for my device to charge, for my printer to connect, or my device stops scanning all together and I cant find another one :(

@Triscuit yep. I am supposed to have a printer to flex but after a Saturday where I went through five printers, I said screw it. To much time wasted. Want me to have a printer, get me one that works!

In my store, people would absolutely kill for pricing shifts. I got told last month I'd be training for them and it hasn't happened yet. Many TMs are not happy that I got chosen over them because I've only been with Spot for just over a year. Pricing and POG get first priority for equipment after backroom. Even ETLs can't have equipment sometimes because we can't have the pricing team go w/o mydevices now, can we?

Huh. Never had that happen. It looks like the font size is too big. Have you tried switching the roll to a different label type? Maybe it's thinking the wrong label paper is in it so it's printing the right clearance content, just on the wrong programmed labels... That would be a mydevice problem, not a printer problem if I'm not mistaken.

Those are the only clearance stickers besides the vertical rolls. It happens right after the printer goes bonkers and beeps over and over again, while the network light flashes and the mydevice says printer offline.The mydevice works "fine". Which means the normal rebooting and force closing and charging every 2 hours. Lol

View attachment 1693

View attachment 1694

And I thought our printers were bad with their constant lack of a network connection.

View attachment 1693

View attachment 1694

Whaaaaaat?!?!?!?

I have never seen this happen with our printers, are gremlins messing with them? Perhaps they are possessed with angry spirits? Maybe someone needs to make a human sacrifice to appease the gods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back