Small Format Stores

ManMythMachine

Reach Truck Rodeo Clown
We have made a nice leap to better efficiency by doing away with HV and then follow it up by having Small Format labels. Same thing. Different name. Corporate needs to allow these labels to be mixed with basic during printing. Apparently small format stores require more urgency so some poor warehouser has to jump all over creation to pick and throw all these in one shift. It's a waste of time. Sometimes the drop is so big these don't get picked in one shift and are still there the next day. Sometimes these drop full pallet and are picked before carton air so now we have empty pallets left in the racks. When small format stores print out as Inbound Flow labels are they separate then? Of course not. Neither should they be separate in Warehousing. Better left to teams of pickers than one poor soul crushed soul leapfrogging around everyone else in the entirety of the building in a funless squander of life. Dear Corporate, give us the keys to success so we aren't left standing in the midst of failure. Please and thank-you.

We have gone away from small format labels now when they printed them out there all auto combine with the basic freight

We have gone away from small format labels now when they printed them out there all auto combine with the basic freight
I hope that is the case for us. Just last weekend we weren't able to mix them. I'll find out this Saturday. I surely hope it's system-wide.

I would think it would be system wide, finally they figured it was a waist of time to have that be printed separately it's been about two to three weeks that they made the announcement.

I would think it would be system wide, finally they figured it was a waist of time to have that be printed separately it's been about two to three weeks that they made the announcement.
We still can't mix ours. Maybe tomorrow?

"After all... tomorrow is another day." - Scarlett O'Hara

Back