Archived Smaller autofills, huge caf pulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone transitioned to this? It's terrible.

Yes, since April. It worked decently well until we got to Back to School.

I'll do my best, but my pulls aren't going to be perfectly organized. I don't think it's that difficult to do a bit of organizing once the pulls are ready for you. People at my store seem to want them organized perfectly. Meanwhile I'm just trying to make sure I get them out on time so I go down the aisles (in order) in the backroom and add to my cart that way because it's quicker. I don't care if chemicals aren't next to sporting goods on the floor. That said, once my pulls are all finished I sometimes try to organize them a bit depending on how heavy my workload is. Now, if I have literally 2 items of softlines I'm not going to waste a vehicle. I'm throw them on a hardlines pull, off to the side or something.

And at my store, hardlines does not do softlines. Just not happening. On a slow day if we get a box of diapers, maybe we will put it out if there is nothing else for softlines (Pfresh store, our diapers and such are with the cribs and car seats and softlines controls that area).

Backroom Day at my store works CAFs to the floor, so they don't have the option of not working softlines (but I'm not sure if they give folded stuff to the fitting room or not).

However, I will set salesplanners in infant hardlines, zone infant HL, etc. because it still impacts the store and I'd rather it be done right. (Heck, I'll map out the infants salesplanners and stuff cause I know it ain't getting done otherwise).

Gotcha. For us they just have two HL TMs do the pulls and others will jump on it they are heavy. We usually have SL do their own cause we have no clue where anything goes over there.

And happily, the pulls today were tiny. It was great. Actually got some other stuff done for once.

Our store transitioned to this after we started reading the allpush system on the truck. That with BTS is a nightmare.

My store was a test for the all push. We just got off the test after begging for the past month due to unreasonable workload. While it should work in theory, the pulls were just too big for the BR to pull, push, and backstock. We're talking pulls 6 hours long every hour, so hardlines ended up working pulls with less hours than before, but the pulls were 3x as large. Didn't really work all that well. Thankfully we're off the test now and back to our 2 hour long pulls.

I swear the people that initiated this test never set foot in a store to see how it was going. We constantly had 30+ backstock carts and the pull lines were out of control every day (20+ pulls leftover nightly). Not to mention task balance was awful. Working returns, pulls, backups, salesplans, and vibe were all conflicting priorities.

Hm. Our caf pulls have been ridiculous lately...although that could be attributed to our BRTMs pulling a full box for every item when only one or two will go out...and holy backstock that won't even go out. We fight a losing battle on a daily basis.

If you're having a big problem with things pulling crazy quantities, you can do a SUBT9999, you search workbench for "resetting the acumulator" to find out the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back