Archived Smaller autofills, huge caf pulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. Our caf pulls have been ridiculous lately...although that could be attributed to our BRTMs pulling a full box for every item when only one or two will go out...and holy backstock that won't even go out. We fight a losing battle on a daily basis.

The cafs will be worse this week, due to BTS, for pencils, glue sticks & notebooks.

Last edited:
although that could be attributed to our BRTMs pulling a full box for every item when only one or two will go out

They should be pulling from openstock before they pull casepacks. If you're getting full casepacks in the CAFs when only one or two units will actually go out, then either the openstock has already been depleted or someone back there is a jerk.
Could it be because the case stock is open stock?

My store transitioned to this about a month ago. We're in the trial period right now. If whoever makes those decisions decides it's for the best of the company, all the stores will get it.

My store transitioned to this about a month ago. We're in the trial period right now. If whoever makes those decisions decides it's for the best of the company, all the stores will get it.

Do you think the person that makes those decisions has ever worked the departemnt that is effected by that decision?
Most specifically when it was being dumped on the people?
Barring that are the people who have to do it ever asked if it makes sense or works better?

They don't care about us, so no. I wonder how many stores are doing this.

although that could be attributed to our BRTMs pulling a full box for every item when only one or two will go out

They should be pulling from openstock before they pull casepacks. If you're getting full casepacks in the CAFs when only one or two units will actually go out, then either the openstock has already been depleted or someone back there is a jerk.

Don't get me started on the people pulling items for cafs lately. I have to pull softlines stuff that is buried under hardlines stuff. Yesterday they were even putting chemicals on the lower level of a tub that had dry market on top. Granted the food was on top but still. Food and chemicals should not be near each other. Their excuse? They were low on tubs. They throw whatever on whatever tub they can find. No care for where it actually may go. And yet they expect us HL TMs to put things back in the right area when we have backstock? I'll at least get it in the right back room but that's all you get from me right now. Yes I know I sound bitter but they have progressively been getting worse and worse. Don't know why but any of us that push the caf pulls are really getting fed up.

I'll do my best, but my pulls aren't going to be perfectly organized. I don't think it's that difficult to do a bit of organizing once the pulls are ready for you. People at my store seem to want them organized perfectly. Meanwhile I'm just trying to make sure I get them out on time so I go down the aisles (in order) in the backroom and add to my cart that way because it's quicker. I don't care if chemicals aren't next to sporting goods on the floor. That said, once my pulls are all finished I sometimes try to organize them a bit depending on how heavy my workload is. Now, if I have literally 2 items of softlines I'm not going to waste a vehicle. I'm throw them on a hardlines pull, off to the side or something.

And yes, if the pulls are really small and I can fit them all on one 3 tiered cart, I will put the food on top and chemicals on the bottom. I don't find a problem with that, and neither does my ETL.

Hm. Our caf pulls have been ridiculous lately...although that could be attributed to our BRTMs pulling a full box for every item when only one or two will go out...and holy backstock that won't even go out. We fight a losing battle on a daily basis.

if the item in question has no open stock locations the system will always ask for a full case because there arent supposed to be partial cases in the case stock locations (though this does happen and annoys the hell out of me when Im pulling and theres a case thats been opened and say 2 removed from it due to the system either not knowing the quantity or better yet the person backstocking it putting 1 as the quantity then they system asking for 1 so the puller literally takes 1 rather than putting the full case quantity and pulling the case)

to answer the OPs question I dont believe our store has switched to it, our autofills are typically around 20hrs and have been closer to 30 lately, I attribute this to BTS

I'll do my best, but my pulls aren't going to be perfectly organized. I don't think it's that difficult to do a bit of organizing once the pulls are ready for you. People at my store seem to want them organized perfectly. Meanwhile I'm just trying to make sure I get them out on time so I go down the aisles (in order) in the backroom and add to my cart that way because it's quicker. I don't care if chemicals aren't next to sporting goods on the floor. That said, once my pulls are all finished I sometimes try to organize them a bit depending on how heavy my workload is. Now, if I have literally 2 items of softlines I'm not going to waste a vehicle. I'm throw them on a hardlines pull, off to the side or something.

And yes, if the pulls are really small and I can fit them all on one 3 tiered cart, I will put the food on top and chemicals on the bottom. I don't find a problem with that, and neither does my ETL.

At least decently organized is ok with me. But they don't even try anymore. And at my store, hardlines does not do softlines. Just not happening. On a slow day if we get a box of diapers, maybe we will put it out if there is nothing else for softlines (Pfresh store, our diapers and such are with the cribs and car seats and softlines controls that area). You don't want us putting clothes out. We won't find where it goes. I kid you not the other day we had a pull that had stuff for every section of hardlines on it. Meanwhile there were about 5 other pulls on the line that these items could have been easily added it.

I dunno if the chemical thing is really an issue. It just bugs me personally cause we always get hell for having food anywhere near chemicals.

I try to keep them organized but it's tought if I can't find any empty tubs or repacks.

I keep them pretty organized. Our SF goes COSM, HB02, PHAR, HB01, so I'll put them on the tub in that order. One in each section. That's for the auto fills though. I organize CAFs too, but not in store order. Sometimes on weekends I'll make s vehicle for each block if the SF is letting them pile up.

My backroom team is in the habit of not pushing the cafs to the line for the salesfloor to work until the vehicle that they're using is overflowing, which then makes each caf take longer because you can't even tell what's all on it. They do this because they're afraid they won't have vehicles to pull the next hourly cafs, but salesfloor can work out a small caf pull much faster than they can work out at two tiered cart full of anything!

My backroom team is in the habit of not pushing the cafs to the line for the salesfloor to work until the vehicle that they're using is overflowing, which then makes each caf take longer because you can't even tell what's all on it. They do this because they're afraid they won't have vehicles to pull the next hourly cafs, but salesfloor can work out a small caf pull much faster than they can work out at two tiered cart full of anything!

this works both ways our electronics team is terrible about just tossing their backstock in a cart, even when taking an end cap down and it takes forever because you backstock the same item 3-4 times because you cant see it all, or theres multiple colors which share a DPCI that your unsure of because they arent left together

this works both ways our electronics team is terrible about just tossing their backstock in a cart, even when taking an end cap down and it takes forever because you backstock the same item 3-4 times because you cant see it all, or theres multiple colors which share a DPCI that your unsure of because they arent left together
I always tell them, you will get your pulls like I get my backstock. I leave it up to them.

Do you think the person that makes those decisions has ever worked the departemnt that is effected by that decision?
Most specifically when it was being dumped on the people?
Barring that are the people who have to do it ever asked if it makes sense or works better?

I dont think people that make decsions have ever stepped foot in a target store other than to shop. But I can attest that they do listen to feedback that is given. About a year ago, I was contacted by someone from Corporate over Mysupport.... They wanted my suggestions/input on the mysupport process because apparently I gave a lot of negative feedback when responding to their answers and whalllaaaa new mysupport. Not taking credit for it, but they do listen. So if it is causing a hindrance for the store, find someone you can give feedback to. Either your GOL/DTL or even mysupport...... Strength in numbers, if more people provide feedback, the better!

I always tell them, you will get your pulls like I get my backstock. I leave it up to them.

unfortunatly its dayside backstock and I work my own autofills, our dayside backroom team doesnt touch backstock as far as we can tell, we rarely have tubs or flats when we come in...

Has anyone transitioned to this? It's terrible.

Yes, since April. It worked decently well until we got to Back to School.

And at my store, hardlines does not do softlines. Just not happening. On a slow day if we get a box of diapers, maybe we will put it out if there is nothing else for softlines (Pfresh store, our diapers and such are with the cribs and car seats and softlines controls that area).

Backroom Day at my store works CAFs to the floor, so they don't have the option of not working softlines (but I'm not sure if they give folded stuff to the fitting room or not).

However, I will set salesplanners in infant hardlines, zone infant HL, etc. because it still impacts the store and I'd rather it be done right. (Heck, I'll map out the infants salesplanners and stuff cause I know it ain't getting done otherwise).

I'm BR Day and I work the 5's. Yesterday I had two shirts to work out and both locations the shirts were tied to weren't right. I had to walk around looking for the shirts. I was not happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back