Archived Snacks In The Break Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if the food thing is something corporate pushes, but yesterday they had a whole feast for the entire team just because. For realz. They grilled hamburgers and had condiments and stuff out, and pickles, potato salad, casserole, doughnuts, chips, cupcakes, and mountain dew besides... It felt a little like a party going in for my first 15.

It's because the BTS is coming up.

im still pissed the overnight team got pizza and soda again third time this week. Daylight got nothing, this is SOOOOO unfair to the rest of the hardworking TM at our store.

Just sooo unfair, Do you think I should call the hotline on this ???

there are so many other hard working TM that got nothing. The overnoght team gets 1.00 per hour more and that should be it.

Damn i'm really pissed at this and HR doesn't even care.

im still pissed the overnight team got pizza and soda again third time this week. Daylight got nothing, this is SOOOOO unfair to the rest of the hardworking TM at our store.

there are so many other hard working TM that got nothing. The overnoght team gets 1.00 per hour more and that should be it.

Overnight team keeps the store running. I hate to say but y old STL said it best.

"If workcenters needed to be cut, flow would be the last in line"

Overnight team keeps the store running. I hate to say but y old STL said it best.

"If workcenters needed to be cut, flow would be the last in line"

Then my team that pushes pfresh keeps pfresh running, right ? why don't they get food ??
they always struggle and we only get 4 people to push a 1,000 piece prfesh truck. This is so fucked.

Then my team that pushes pfresh keeps pfresh running, right ? why don't they get food ??
they always struggle and we only get 4 people to push a 1,000 piece prfesh truck. This is so fucked.
Every couple of weeks I put out a bunch of snack stuff in the break room. It's usually new items and My "strategy" is that if TM's try it, they will talk it up to guests. Mgmt totally encourages it. It's not pizza, but I think everyone appreciates it from what they've told me. It's about $50-$75.

Maybe see if you can do something like that for daytime.

Edit: for my FDC truck team I get ice creams bars requisitioned every other week or so.

Last edited:
Just like the overnight/ early morning/ day side backroom. In my store we usually get dumped on since early morning backroom doesn't take breaks with flow. We get the scraps.

Shift diff was cut in my district over a year ago for early morning and overnight teams. People that have been around awhile got grandfathered in but the new people don't get it anymore.

Plus that dollar isn't much considering having to work those hours. The diff used to be $3 in my area and has been cut to nothing now.

Ever thought about joining the overnight team?

It's a joke at my store. Occasionally they do it right, but mostly not so much. Most food recognition is put out for the dayside team, with the evening team getting nothing. Last time they bought pizza, the last delivery came in at 2pm, so dayside, who had already eaten during the first delivery, took the rest home. I tried saying something to the ETL-HR but was blown off and told me to work more days if I didn't like it (fact, with open availability I don't like closing four nights a week).

Most of our food events are now potlucks...yes, we have to bring in our own food to reward ourselves.

Our FFF calendar has food days at least once a week, but unfortunately they end up being for dayside only. Weekend ones are generally skipped altogether, because even if HR gets all the stuff together for the LODs, they still won't put it out.

Having stuff on the calendar and not doing it, or just doing it for the same people over and over and skipping the evening team has become a serious morale killer at my store. They'd be better off just canning the food altogether.

There's a sign on the door to the breakroom that says the days in the upcoming week and what food we have. It also says something like "In celebration of the Best Team" or whatever

We got boxes of donuts yesterday, so that was cool, I guess.

I miss the holidays

Our etl-log rewards their team aside from calendar events. It sucks, but if your team lead aren't as grateful that's just life.

there are so many other hard working TM that got nothing. The overnight team gets 1.00 per hour more and that should be it.

You should come to my store, I work overnight and we are lucky if we get any food. Day-side always gets the food and snacks that are listed on the calendar, whereas we have to complain in order to get anything. And even then it isn't anywhere near the quality of food day-side team members receive.

We have free PB&J every single day except for the days I want to eat PB&J, then we're out of either bread, P, B or J. Or knives. Or plates.

Always PB & J.

You won't starve @ my store.

You should come to my store, I work overnight and we are lucky if we get any food. Day-side always gets the food and snacks that are listed on the calendar, whereas we have to complain in order to get anything. And even then it isn't anywhere near the quality of food day-side team members receive.

yep.

We got pizza yesterday, soup and sandwiches today (along with some strawberry danishes that expired today that were absolutely delicious). Tomorrow we get nachos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back