Archived Snacks In The Break Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go get some bread or jelly from the floor. Give the barcodes to the gstl or Lod.

Oh I could requisition it myself. But it's far away from the breakroom and it's usually my 15 when I want it. I'm rarely feeling that altruistic at that point in my shift.

Wow, some stores actually feed TMs decent food? Judging by this discussion, I guess the answer is yes. At ours there are occasionally donuts, cookies, cereal and such (usually expired or about to expire) and a few times hamburgers and hot dogs have been cooked on site but in almost 9 years I've never seen a catered meal or any kind of restaurant meals brought in.

Wow, some stores actually feed TMs decent food? Judging by this discussion, I guess the answer is yes. At ours there are occasionally donuts, cookies, cereal and such (usually expired or about to expire) and a few times hamburgers and hot dogs have been cooked on site but in almost 9 years I've never seen a catered meal or any kind of restaurant meals brought in.

then your store is especially bad. Never had stuff like chikfila, mcdonalds, jimmy johns, pizza in 9 years? or even anything for black friday?

Nope. Not once that I know of. I don't go into the break room often but generally am told by other TMs if there's something in there. I don't eat much junk food, though, so I rarely take advantage of the stuff in there.

Nope. Not once that I know of. I don't go into the break room often but generally am told by other TMs if there's something in there. I don't eat much junk food, though, so I rarely take advantage of the stuff in there.
They've got to do something for black Friday...it's even below spot to expect you to stand in line to buy lunch that day...

We had tons of pizza and deli sammichs!

Do we work at the same store? Haha. The only times we get catered food is Boston Market on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, but it's mostly junk food.

>>They've got to do something for black Friday...it's even below spot to expect you to stand in line to buy lunch that day...<<

On that day (or days, now) there's usually sandwich stuff. You know, quality stuff like white bread, lunch meat, cheese, plus chips, cookies, and such.

>>Do we work at the same store? Haha. The only times we get catered food is Boston Market on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, but it's mostly junk food.<<

Ha ha, it seems just about that way, huh?

I stand corrected because I remember a time or two when pizza was brought in but that was long ago.

Oh I could requisition it myself. But it's far away from the breakroom and it's usually my 15 when I want it. I'm rarely feeling that altruistic at that point in my shift.
Jill, you can bring the barcode to the front or call the gstl and give them the barcode number. Bring it up to them when you are leaving. Or ask another tm who is going to the front to give the barcode to the gstl. Just let them know what it is for.

I had orientation today and the HR lady happened to set up stuff for nachos. In 2 crockpots there was beans/meant and In the other was cheese. About 10 bags of tortilla chips along with sour cream, salsa etc. She encouraged me to make myself a plate during my 15 minute break.

Sometimes we have food in the breakroom. Sometimes we don't. If hr is getting food for the team, they get it for everyone on the team. Days, nights, offsite - they get enough for everyone. Or so I have heard.
Sadly when I go to the breakroom, it's usually between deliveries or the food looks like it has been sitting out way to long.
A couple of months ago, or maybe it was last month - it all blends to me - they got pizza 2 days a week and kept them coming all day. But everytime I went in the breakroom there was nothing left.
One day I was going home just when the delivery for nightcrew came in. Before they could take it to the back, I opened a box and took a piece out. The tm at tsc said. You can't do that, it's for nightcrew. I said oh ok, I'll put it back. Even though I had already taken a bite out of it.

My hr is very good about this. She requisitions whatever she needs and puts about a quarter of it out right before flow goes to break. Then the next quarter right after they leave (they eat it all.. never fails) the next doesn't get put out until flow is gone for the day (unless a tm other than flow requests it) because it is not fair for flow to devour it twice. Then the rest is left for night team.

They key is to ration it out. Because no matter how much you put out, flow will annihilate it. They have no consideration for anyone else.

We had Cinqo de Mayo snacks and there was a pinata, it was pretty good. I will thank them today,

Jill, you can bring the barcode to the front or call the gstl and give them the barcode number. Bring it up to them when you are leaving. Or ask another tm who is going to the front to give the barcode to the gstl. Just let them know what it is for.

I'm a GSA, I have the authority to requisition things myself. What I'm saying is that I'm too lazy to spend my 15 fetching bread and peanut butter, walking back to the front lanes, requisitioning the items, walking back to the breakroom, and making myself a sandwich. My store is big.

In the time I have been working for Target it's been few and far between for certain areas. There's some TLs that take great care of their team. Other TLs forget about certain team members while doing for the rest of the team. The Hr that we have hasn't done much, but when the attitude in the store is bad, what can one expect.

What I'm saying is that I'm too lazy to spend my 15 fetching bread and peanut butter, walking back to the front lanes, requisitioning the items, walking back to the breakroom, and making myself a sandwich.
My 15 wouldn't start until I sat down in the break room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back