Archived Snacks In The Break Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartman

MasterBlaster (User has passed away)
Does every store do this? When we recently had a STL leave, in his honor, the snacks in the BR were a feast! And over the Black Friday Daze, gourmet (sorta) box meals were available for all TM. The lunch that I brought on thursday is still in the fridge - Imma eat it tomorrow...;)

We get the occasional chips / cookies and if we are lucky some soda. I guess anything beats nothing!

PB&J, chips, out-dated cookies & pastries, sodas.
Not exactly nectar of the gods but it's free.

Just because a product is QMOS'ed doesn't mean it's inedible and isn't still tasty.

Bleeb DAT! ;)

Uhhhhhhhh....

Our store had loads of food for staff all through Black Friday weekend - buffet style. Different theme/type of food each day Thursday (which I didn't touch because I was so full from my family dinner) through Sunday. Plus constantly refilled 12 packs of soda in the fridge. I'm just seasonal, but it's my understanding that they do it every year.

We also had a large variety of all-you-can-eat panda express chicken, noodles, and rice. Next day was all you can eat pizza, panda express again. And the final day was all you can eat subway.

we have a feast every single weekend + pop in the fridge starting the first weekend in November until Jan. It's always catered in and we have food every day the week of black friday.
We also always have pb&j in the breakroom.

During non 4th quarter times we still have things at least once a month such as bbq's and other stuff catered in. We also have a birthday cake every month for everyone.

Apparently we are pretty spoiled..

My store fed us well multiple times a year. Starting Wednesday last week was pizza all day, then chick fil a, then sub boxes. I'm not sure what the last day was. There is always food in there tho!

bagged candy that's returned by customers and ends up toss gets 'donated' to the break room. and we're always having pizza days, and of course on Black Thursday/Friday we had food. the other day we had juice and tons of boxes of Emergen-C to promote wellness during winter, haha...

Our store chinzed out this year. The day side shift got the food, and the night team got the crumbs. This has been a constant issue with this ETL-HR, who says it is fine the way it is or it isn't her problem or whatever platitude she heaps on when it continues to happen. Fed for the 4th of July? Dayside team got their food, the second wave came in at 3pm for the night team. By 4pm the food for the night team had already been taken home by the dayside team who already got to eat it at their lunch. And most FFF food events on the calendar don't even happen, period.

bagged candy that's returned by customers and ends up toss gets 'donated' to the break room. and we're always having pizza days, and of course on Black Thursday/Friday we had food. the other day we had juice and tons of boxes of Emergen-C to promote wellness during winter, haha...
Why does that stuff have to go toss? If the bag isn't opened then it could at least be donated. I can understand other food items but all the Halloween candy filled up all our toss bins. It should be like the costumes where you can't return it after the 30th...

we have a feast every single weekend + pop in the fridge starting the first weekend in November until Jan. It's always catered in and we have food every day the week of black friday.
We also always have pb&j in the breakroom.

During non 4th quarter times we still have things at least once a month such as bbq's and other stuff catered in. We also have a birthday cake every month for everyone.

Apparently we are pretty spoiled..

Our genius ETL-HR requisitioned clearance Halloween candy the day after Halloween simply because it was clearanced. I pointed out we would get a ton back on returns that she would get for nothing. "But this is clearance!" she insisted. Two days later I think she understood why requisitioning the clearance candy was the biggest waste of money...clearance or not.

Why does that stuff have to go toss? If the bag isn't opened then it could at least be donated. I can understand other food items but all the Halloween candy filled up all our toss bins. It should be like the costumes where you can't return it after the 30th...

It can't be donated because of liability issues. Likely there is nothing wrong with it...but who the hell knows for sure. I could think of some nefarious things people could do to a seemingly "fine" looking bag of Halloween candy. So technically it needs to be tossed.

yeah, like RG said, any and all food that leaves the store has to be toss if it's returned because we can't vouch for what the customer did with it to make sure the food is still safe.

like for example, a woman walked into our store a few weeks ago, walked out with a bag of frozen jumbo shrimp, and returned them literally 10 minutes later. goodbye, delicious shrimp. that was really kind of a shame.

yeah, like RG said, any and all food that leaves the store has to be toss if it's returned because we can't vouch for what the customer did with it to make sure the food is still safe.

like for example, a woman walked into our store a few weeks ago, walked out with a bag of frozen jumbo shrimp, and returned them literally 10 minutes later. goodbye, delicious shrimp. that was really kind of a shame.

In that 10 minutes, poke a small hole in the seam (likely not to be detected), and dump some chemical in the bag. Shake it around, empty it out, wash the outside of the bag and dry it off. Is anyone likely to do that? No...but if I can come up with that off the top of my head, who the hell knows what people might actually do.

Our store chinzed out this year. The day side shift got the food, and the night team got the crumbs. This has been a constant issue with this ETL-HR, who says it is fine the way it is or it isn't her problem or whatever platitude she heaps on when it continues to happen. Fed for the 4th of July? Dayside team got their food, the second wave came in at 3pm for the night team. By 4pm the food for the night team had already been taken home by the dayside team who already got to eat it at their lunch. And most FFF food events on the calendar don't even happen, period.
I would like to take the time to call out retail girl. In all the years Ive been alive I have never seen the word "chinzed" spelled or written lol. Now I must ask is it spelled correctly?

For Black Friday we had Boston Market cater us in the break room. There's usually always a bag of chips or some other snack on the counter.

We had bags whataburger breakfast for breakfast(had me 3 sausage egg and cheese sandwiches :) ) friday moening, and meatball subs, thursday night. Saturday there was nada.

I would like to take the time to call out retail girl. In all the years Ive been alive I have never seen the word "chinzed" spelled or written lol. Now I must ask is it spelled correctly?

Hahaha. I doubt it's spelled correctly. Chintzed, maybe?

I feel like the "t"is in there...

...we had four days of catering for black Friday. Every year.

Monthly birthday cake, couple of freshness Friday fruit days, and two or the other food days a month.

We have similar issues with food for night crew. It's either crap by time we get to it, mostly crumbs or been sitting out for hours. And when you complain they act like you are ungrateful for the free food poisoning...had her snap at me the last time and point out spot doesn't have to feed me. No shit. But don't expect me to thank you for wasting money on food I won't eat cause it's been out for hours on the counter. If you wouldn't feed it to a guest why the heck would you let a tm eat it? Don't you respect our team?

They're right...they don't have to feed me. But if you are going to feed half the team simply because they showed up to work that day, the right thing to do to increase morale and make people feel like they matter is to feed the entire team. It is absolutely rude to say, "oh, we're going to feed half the team" and then thumb your nose up at the rest of the team. Half assing it just makes people feel unwanted and unimportant.

I feel like the "t"is in there...

...we had four days of catering for black Friday. Every year.

Monthly birthday cake, couple of freshness Friday fruit days, and two or the other food days a month.

We have similar issues with food for night crew. It's either crap by time we get to it, mostly crumbs or been sitting out for hours. And when you complain they act like you are ungrateful for the free food poisoning...had her snap at me the last time and point out spot doesn't have to feed me. No shit. But don't expect me to thank you for wasting money on food I won't eat cause it's been out for hours on the counter. If you wouldn't feed it to a guest why the heck would you let a tm eat it? Don't you respect our team?
Chintzed that feels right yes? Yeah her way feels right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back