Archived SNOW DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
So recently we just had snow and it’s still on the ground, I’ve already tried to leave the house but my car actually got stuck in the snow, luckily i called someone to get me out but I cannot make it for my shift; I already called the store 3 times to tlk to an LOD but it keeps hanging up what should i do?

This is work, not elementary school. If you miss work cause of snow there better be a blizzard outside and boiling water better freeze as soon as it’s dumped.

This is work, not elementary school. If you miss work cause of snow there better be a blizzard outside and boiling water better freeze as soon as it’s dumped.
Unless you live in Georgia, then the whole city is shut down at the sight of one snowflake and then your whole team is calling out.

Unless you live in Georgia, then the whole city is shut down at the sight of one snowflake and then your whole team is calling out.

I’ve been in 43 of the largest cities in the US. Even Seattle gets around fine with a lot of snow.

Next excuse......

You'll be fine. Just show them your call log next time you're in to show that you attempted to call out. If you're really worried you could always just send an email to your ETL and HR with a pic of the call log and an explanation.

if i said it snowed enough for my car to get stuck. clearly it’s snowing hard enough. i couldn’t get my car out in time for my shift. thanks.

The replies to threads like these are :rolleyes: like seriously try your best to get to work but if you feel unsafe and public transportation is shut down/no one else can bring you then a job that pays minimum wage is not worth your safety. Not like a ton of people are going to be shopping at Target anyway while there’s a driving ban (at least not in my experience). :) Target isn’t worth crashing your car over. Be safe!

The replies to threads like these are :rolleyes: like seriously try your best to get to work but if you feel unsafe and public transportation is shut down/no one else can bring you then a job that pays minimum wage is not worth your safety. Not like a ton of people are going to be shopping at Target anyway while there’s a driving ban (at least not in my experience). :) Target isn’t worth crashing your car over. Be safe!
lol thank you so much for your response. i didn’t go in but im scheduled again today and i don’t want to call out again but i have no way of getting there, im considering take a 2 hour walk

aaf_shifty.gif

Lived through 3 Iowa blizzards. And I still had to push carts.

I actually really enjoyed pushing in snow storms. Usually it was so pretty and quiet out. Dead, no customers in site. Free hot coffee during my shift and at the end. I quite enjoyed it. There was one time where my GSTL was seriously hustling me to get carts in before close so I pushed in 12 carts by hand in the slushy sticky snow... never a good idea. I pushed one big row in by hand like that since the cart pushers are big doo doo in the snow and stopped right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back