Archived Snow help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I made it to work today with 10 plus inches of snow in my tiny little car. Worked 8 hours, was one of about 10 employees who showed up (ETLs, TMs, LODs). We had 30+ call outs by the time I left. I was the only seasonal employee there. They were super appreciative and saying I could leave anytime I felt I needed to since weather is steadily worsening. Jump to ride home, my car got stuck dozens of times, my road isn’t plowed. (It was still soft when I left this morning, but now it’s caked and icey) After two hours of me and my dad trying to get my car home we had to leave it in a parking lot many miles from my house. I am scheduled at 1:30 tomorrow. I really don’t want to call out, but at this point I don’t think I have another option. I live too far to walk. Will this be bad to do on my 90 day probation? I’m freaking out about it, but I’m wondering if they’ll be understanding since I was one of the few who came in today. It’s a record breaking snow where I live and there’s a statewide driving ban for the next few days.

That happened to me back when I was new.. it was literally me and the closing LOD so that was fun. I'm surprised there were that many guests in the store all day. She actually told me to take the next day off because I was the only one that showed up and she took me off the schedule since it was going to get worse overnight. I told her to call me if no one showed up again. But yeah each store is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back