Archived So anyone else's stores lose TMs as a result of the PS4 launch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently this morning an electronics TM grabbed a PS4 and stashed it behind the pet food back stock on the steel.

The idiot did this in full view of 3 back room TMs.

Later in the day, a TM who was scheduled off today came to electronics and the TM who stashed the PS4 went to the back room, brought it out, and sold it to him. The idiot did this in full view of other sales floor TMs, and the idiot who bought it walked out with it in full view of the check lanes.

Naturally, the TMs who saw these events spread the word like wildfire throughout the store.

Before the end of the day, AP gave the electronics TM who stashed it the walk of shame out the front door in full view of everyone.

Chances are the TM who bought it (if he has any brains) will never be showing up for work again.

One of them is 16 years old and the other one 18.

Teenagers these days.... not a very bright bunch.

How the heck did that even happen? We knew exactly how many we had on hand and how many were set aside for pre-orders. We passed out tickets to guests in line so there wouldn't be a stampede. No way could anyone hide a PS4.

I heard on the radio this morning actually about something similar where an employee of Futureshop was fired for holding a ps4 back for his buddy.

I was the opening Electronics TM at my store.

I busted our APS and a TPS who hid accessories and games so they could buy them later in the day when they picked up their pre-ordered consoles. They actually in full view of me and the camera showed me where they hid the stuff.

I reported it up to the Electronics-TL, ETL-HR, STL, and Intergrity via hotline and email. I WAS PISSED... I had plenty of people who wanted the stuff they hid but we were "sold out". I am looking forward to hearing/learning the end result.

I busted our APS and a TPS who hid accessories and games so they could buy them later in the day when they picked up their pre-ordered consoles. They actually in full view of me and the camera showed me where they hid the stuff.

I reported it up to the Electronics-TL, ETL-HR, STL, and Intergrity via hotline and email. I WAS PISSED... I had plenty of people who wanted the stuff they hid but we were "sold out". I am looking forward to hearing/learning the end result.

Well done.

I definitely feel like that is the right thing to do, and it is really selfish of them to hurt the store's numbers, which means hurting the team just to get something for themselves by sneaking around.

I'm especially pissed reading this as it was APS and TPS who did it. That irks me more than other team members because of their position. At my store, they keep hiring people who do shit like this and get fired, or quit because of things like having to wear a uniform. Those are the people who are supposed to be setting an example. Frustrating!

Good job reporting them, though. Not everyone would. >.<

Document those events. I would pulled the stuff & put it on floor for guests to buy.

I wonder if you will get the bonus Target advertises for reporting other TMs. If you don't you should push for it.

So apparently this morning an electronics TM grabbed a PS4 and stashed it behind the pet food back stock on the steel.

The idiot did this in full view of 3 back room TMs.

Later in the day, a TM who was scheduled off today came to electronics and the TM who stashed the PS4 went to the back room, brought it out, and sold it to him. The idiot did this in full view of other sales floor TMs, and the idiot who bought it walked out with it in full view of the check lanes.

Naturally, the TMs who saw these events spread the word like wildfire throughout the store.

Before the end of the day, AP gave the electronics TM who stashed it the walk of shame out the front door in full view of everyone.

Chances are the TM who bought it (if he has any brains) will never be showing up for work again.

One of them is 16 years old and the other one 18.

Teenagers these days.... not a very bright bunch.

This is dumb. Your AP Should have accounted for those the day of the release...assuming you have one/some.

I opened for the event, and it went as smooth as it could have possibly gone. All systems were accounted for and didn't even hear one complaint out of a guest!

I kept a close eye on the systems, counts, and team members inquiring about them. I made it clear that we knew exactly how many systems came in the mail.

Our store did $15k in sales from the PS4 and accessories alone, and came out of it with a 125% attachment rate!

I made an account just to reply to this thread and I agree with grannypricing. How did this happen?

I work O/N flow and before we even began unloading the truck our LOD went up to the guy who is working eletronic that night and told him we had PS4 coming off the truck and that he had to put them immediately inside the cage and lock it when the truck was finished.

Seems like your store needs to step up a little this should not have happened

Well done.

I definitely feel like that is the right thing to do, and it is really selfish of them to hurt the store's numbers, which means hurting the team just to get something for themselves by sneaking around.

This. The fact that AP were the ones who pulled that crap is just unacceptable.

I made an account just to reply to this thread and I agree with grannypricing. How did this happen?

I work O/N flow and before we even began unloading the truck our LOD went up to the guy who is working eletronic that night and told him we had PS4 coming off the truck and that he had to put them immediately inside the cage and lock it when the truck was finished.

It's pretty simple.

AP retained control of the PS4s until a little bit before the store opened when all the ones we could fit in the boat were put there. However, the excess had to stay in the electronics stock room. The idea was that the TMs working electronics would go back to the electronics stockroom and replenish the supply at the boat as needed.

The problem was one of the TMs who went to the stockroom to bring more to the boat decided to take the opportunity to stash one for the other TM who came to the store later in the day to buy it.

I suspect that AP caught wind of it as soon as the backroom TMs reported seeing him stash it. AP, fortunately, played it smart and apparently decided to wait and see what the TM was going to do with the stashed PS4. Fortunately, they snagged two rats by doing so instead of just one.

The fact they didn't even really try to hide any of this from other TMs almost makes me think they didn't care if they got caught. Maybe they simply decided they wanted a PS4 that bad, they knew they would get fired, but decided it was worth it because they simply wanted it that bad. They are teenagers after all. Teenagers have been known to do stupider things. Sad thing is, they may be out of a job, but they likely are at home enjoying the PS4 right now.

We didn't lose any with this... But we lost 3 ETLs at the PS3 launch! HR, HL, and GE had all hid PS3s before the launch. Cracked me up when it happened..

Our launch went just dandy. Only one hiccup though, an older guest was hanging around Thursday night because he wanted one for "his grandson". Well I think now it's a bunch of bull because our STL gave him a ticket early so he wouldn't have to stand out in the cold all night. This guest then asked if he could get TWO PS4's, my STL said no. I was not there for the launch, I came in at 2:30 and we were sold out of all our PS4's but I heard this guy basically lied and said that our STL and another Sr. TL told him he COULD have two, and this guest made a big stink about it. Makes me so mad!

Welcome To The Break Room.

Not very bright, but truth be told, can you blame them? They make 7$/hour, get awful schedules, no benefits, and almost no perks whatsoever. With today's technology, it was a very bad idea for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back