Archived So did anyone else pre-order the PS4/Xbox One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some added news for you guys that is slight ps4 related. This is based on a small sample size, but a team member I work with recently preordered a game for ps4 in anticipation for the sale. Upon purchase he received a coupon for 30% off two games. I did the same thing after work and also received the coupon. So get your 25$ gift card and apply it as well as that 30% to your b2g1. Looking at roughly 77$ for 3 brand new games. Price will vary based on sales tax.

Thanks for the valuable info. I am planning to buy 3 pre-order cards. Ghost, Battlefield and Assassin's Creed but my question is, can I pick them up at any location? I am not sure which Target store in my area I will get in line for. Going to go to each store nearby on Wednesday and Ask for the Quantities on hand first.

I've got some added news for you guys that is slight ps4 related. This is based on a small sample size, but a team member I work with recently preordered a game for ps4 in anticipation for the sale. Upon purchase he received a coupon for 30% off two games. I did the same thing after work and also received the coupon. So get your 25$ gift card and apply it as well as that 30% to your b2g1. Looking at roughly 77$ for 3 brand new games. Price will vary based on sales tax.

Thanks for the valuable info. I am planning to buy 3 pre-order cards. Ghost, Battlefield and Assassin's Creed but my question is, can I pick them up at any location? I am not sure which Target store in my area I will get in line for. Going to go to each store nearby on Wednesday and Ask for the Quantities on hand first.

Preorder cards are only for the location that your buy them at and if you pick them up buy them at a register and not in electronics. At my store electronics doesn't have the coupon printers.

SUPAMAN--- Yea I confirmed today that we'll have extras, figured we would. So what time do you guys think I should start waiting in line? I start work on that Friday at 12pm so I can be there for the 8am release but this'll be my first time waiting in line for a console release and I've only been with target since the beginning of September so I haven't seen how things are like before the stores open. Anyways if I could get answers to the below questions I'd appreciate it.

1)Around what time should I go to head in line?
2) Are tickets given out so the electronics people know who to serve or is it just a mad dash to the electronics section and whoever gets there first profits?

EDIT: Any other tips from the pros would be super appreciated too, you can never be too prepared.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am thinking to get there around 8-9 pm as I am okay with waiting 12 hours and I want to be the first in line to make sure accessories and games aren't out. If you don't mind me asking how exactly did you Confirm?
Asking because the Targets I called here in my area are giving me the bullet. Telling me BS like they won't know till Nov 15 4:00 AM if they will have extra stock or not. So they expect me to stand in line for hours in the freezing cold for no Reason?!?

Last edited:
Also, can a knowledgeable Employee please confirm if consoles come in Tuesdays with Vendors? (Vendor days at different Targets may be different)
I know for a fact that Nintendo 2DS came in on Tuesday at my Target and wasn't available for sale till the Saturday of that week.

Also, can a knowledgeable Employee please confirm if consoles come in Tuesdays with Vendors? (Vendor days at different Targets may be different)
I know for a fact that Nintendo 2DS came in on Tuesday at my Target and wasn't available for sale till the Saturday of that week.

They will be coming in on the truck.

Hmm... Thought first shipment was always vendor only specially on Consoles. I have Thursday night off but we will see if something comes in on Wednesday or before.

I am thinking to get there around 8-9 pm as I am okay with waiting 12 hours and I want to be the first in line to make sure accessories and games aren't out. If you don't mind me asking how exactly did you Confirm?
Asking because the Targets I called here in my area are giving me the bullet. Telling me BS like they won't know till Nov 15 4:00 AM if they will have extra stock or not. So they expect me to stand in line for hours in the freezing cold for no Reason?!?

Thanks for the info Vibemaster I was planning to get there around 12am because that's when Best Buy does their midnight release so I figured everybody would head there to try their luck out first. I'll probably just head on out there at the same time as you now though so I'm ample ready, any suggestions on things I should bring? I know a chair is a must but is a jacket enough or should I also bring a blanket too? Also any suggestions on passing the time? 12 hours of waiting seems like it'll take an eternity if you don't have something to occupy you. As for the confirmation thing, I asked my electronics team leader yesterday if we'd have extras after work and he told me that we would have a few for display and to sell directly but there won't be many so I should try to get there first if I want to guarantee myself one.

30 Percent off coupon CONFIRMED! Went to the cash register with a PS4 Assassin's Creed card and the coupon printed. The lady threw it away!
Me and my bro had her dig it out of the trash can lmao.
Thanks a bunch Jack of all Workcenters

Last edited:
Hello, I just want to thank everyone who helped out as far as contributing on ideas on how to get the maximum discount on ps4 and games. Everything worked great, thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back