Archived so dtls......

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do they do when they aren't out visiting stores? i feel like i haven't so our dtl in months, so i can't imagine what it's like at the other stores. what are their core roles?

A DTL is basically responsible for everything your STL is responsible for but for the entire district. VIBE, AAR, Conversion, Payroll, etc but on a district level. They are leading their team (STL direct reports) to drive sales. They are also active with their peers in the group driving results across all stores in said group.

Is it true that DTLs have contact with Gregg himself?

Gregg has no reason to go that far down the chain of command. Between him and the DTLs there is the Executive VP, Senior VP, and Group VP.

Our earlier ones were 40ish but they've been getting progressively younger.
The current one looks about early 30s.

I thought I heard a while back that our DTL quit, but I'm not sure at this point. I haven't been scheduled during a visit in months.

Gregg has no reason to go that far down the chain of command. Between him and the DTLs there is the Executive VP, Senior VP, and Group VP.

is that how the chain works? so stl reports to dtls, dtls, report to group vps, group vps report to senior vps....etc?

There is a regional level between groups and corporate.
Thanks. I forgot about that one.

is that how the chain works?
Yes, exactly. With the addition of the regional VP.
STL->DTL->GVP->RVP->SVP->EVP->Gregg

So yeah, DTLs being in contact with Gregg would be the same jump from a TM to a GVP.

Our DTL actually sent out this pompous, contradicting newsletter. At the beginning of the letter, it talked about how great we all are. Halfway down the letter, it bashed all the district stores. It reminded me of the yearly employee reviews: "You do great in this area, but in this same exact area you do shit. Do better, or your ass is grass!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back