Archived So how are your guest survey scores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
please come work at our store!!! It's such a cluster fuck but no one really seems to care because our sales and scores are so good.

My store is at 92% and #1 in the district... 10th in the group. Our vibe score is pretty good :)

How have they changed? I'm a cashier and and my SrTL doesn't inform me of the store's score, just my individual score. Usually on Monday she advises me of my score and asks me what my red card goal is for that day. She hasn't mentioned survey scores in about a month.

How have they changed? I'm a cashier and and my SrTL doesn't inform me of the store's score, just my individual score. Usually on Monday she advises me of my score and asks me what my red card goal is for that day. She hasn't mentioned survey scores in about a month.

Your store should have a board by the time clock or somewhere else in TSC where there's all the store's metrics, and vibe score/guest survey is one paper on that board. It doesn't list comments, but it lists overall, genuine interest, and availability and has the bottom 3 departments in each along with the trend over last week. You can also see other metrics not survey related, such as accessory attachment rate, cartwheel sales, redcard penetration rate, out of stocks score, flexible fulfillment orders picked on time and additional purchases combined with FF, and probably more that I'm forgetting.

Seriously, I need all the tips

Most days the STL and the ETL's are first responders for backup. They aren't so engaged with the front end driving redcards except for asking why we are doing poorly. But they do help out with backup since the rest of the store sucks for responding except for a select few TMs/TLs.

Unless a guest is always in the store causing issues and arguing about coupons/price discrepancies, if they challenge the price, i prove them wrong but still honor the price. if it is something too extreme, i will find some way to make them happy. we also make sure that our cashiers are circling every survey, writing their name, and telling the guests that "we are looking for all 10's." in my comments last week alone, I had one cashier mentioned probably 10 times. one of my cashiers has had close to 100 amazed surveys in the rolling 12 weeks. every time a guest comes up to compliment a team member we tell them to do the survey. i make sure to tell all guests that we pull up our results first thing at 7am every monday morning and we read all comments. most guests think that the survey goes to corporate only and that stores don't do anything with them.

we also make sure that our cashiers are circling every survey, writing their name, and telling the guests that "we are looking for all 10's." to .

Wow, you guys actually provide pens/pencils for your cashiers to use. Anytime I need one I end up running and searching 2 or 3 lanes to find one for a guest.

My TLs haven't even mentioned the new format for the guest surveys, let alone asked us to talk them up to the guests.

Wow, you guys actually provide pens/pencils for your cashiers to use. Anytime I need one I end up running and searching 2 or 3 lanes to find one for a guest.

My TLs haven't even mentioned the new format for the guest surveys, let alone asked us to talk them up to the guests.
my cashiers have pens and highlighters at their registers. they all look for one at the start of their shift and if they don't have them, they ask me for one. i don't know why pens grow legs and run away but they certainly are hard to keep in place.

also... do you know the new format for the surveys or do you need me to explain it to you???

Not very good. We went up a little bit, but not by much. Market has been green for awhile though. ;)

also... do you know the new format for the surveys or do you need me to explain it to you???

That would be great if you would explain it! I would like to know how the guests evaluate me and my fellow TMs. As I said, my TLs haven't even mentioned the new format. And with being so short handed on the lanes there really isn't time to have any detailed conversations either

my cashiers have pens and highlighters at their registers. they all look for one at the start of their shift and if they don't have them, they ask me for one. i don't know why pens grow legs and run away but they certainly are hard to keep in place.

A former GSTL of mine used to make sure every lane had a pen and highlighter, but that went by the wayside when we spent months without an ETL-GE and the GSTLs had no idea what the hell was going on. Replenishing necessary supplies such as bags, paper rolls, and writing utensils got pushed to the back burner.

Most days the STL and the ETL's are first responders for backup. They aren't so engaged with the front end driving redcards except for asking why we are doing poorly. But they do help out with backup since the rest of the store sucks for responding except for a select few TMs/TLs.

we also make sure that our cashiers are circling every survey, writing their name, and telling the guests that "we are looking for all 10's."

Great idea, I might steal this.

Did they change recently? I haven't actually loaded up a survey in awhile.

We use to circle every survey which would help our score then district told us that we weren't allowed to do that and to stop immediately. I don't know the reason why but my etl-ge was very vague about it and said it was something legal told our dtl and was very upset about it. I really wish he would spill and tell us but he's very good at not revealing information like that.

We were about 60% Red last year. Then our STL went on vacation and we were green for the two weeks she was out. Dipped down to yellow until She left again and suddenly we're green. She even announced at our meeting that she wanted to take more vacations because we were green on our surveys every time she left. My theory is that since she wasn't in the building our ETl ops was spending more hours on the sales floor and cashiers. So because there were more team members to help guest we made our guests happy. I heard he cut flow and know he cut a lot from the back room which did hurt us on getting the store full but hey at least our surveys were green.

Yep...our district put the smack down on circling surveys as well. Said it was unfairly influencing them.

Great idea, I might steal this.

Did they change recently? I haven't actually loaded up a survey in awhile.

That would be great if you would explain it! I would like to know how the guests evaluate me and my fellow TMs. As I said, my TLs haven't even mentioned the new format. And with being so short handed on the lanes there really isn't time to have any detailed conversations either

They changed in February. Previously only 9s and 10s counted as amazed. Anything 8 or below hurt you. And you had to be above 80% amazed. Now 8s count as amazed but you have to be above 90%. My store gets a lot of 8s apparently so this change was great for us.

Last edited:
They changed in February. Previously only 9s and 10s counted as amazed. Anything 8 or below hurt you. And you had to be above 80% amazed. Now 8s count as amazed but you have to be above 90%. My store gets a lot of 8s apparently so this change was great for us.

Thanks, good to know. Mine were pretty much 100% amazed when my SrTL actually told me what my score was. Now that she doesn't tell us, I dunno. Quite possibly lower now that we never have enough cashiers up front. Can't see people giving a favorable score when they had to wait for the 10+ guests in front of them to check out...happens on closing shift on the weekends

Thanks, good to know. Mine were pretty much 100% amazed when my SrTL actually told me what my score was. Now that she doesn't tell us, I dunno. Quite possibly lower now that we never have enough cashiers up front. Can't see people giving a favorable score when they had to wait for the 10+ guests in front of them to check out...happens on closing shift on the weekends

OMG 10+ ?? that has to be a joke... the guests at my store would freak. my cashiers have to push their button if they are more than 1+1. we just got a new HR who (so far) has been making sure that the cashier schedule actually provides enough coverage. during the week we actually have been having more than 5 cashiers for the entire day. most of our comments lately have been "short lines, fast checkout..." (and similar comments). even when the lines were backed up, guests would comment and say that the cashier was pleasant and friendly and fast.

OMG 10+ ?? that has to be a joke... the guests at my store would freak.

Nope, no joke. I've counted as high as 12 in line. Guests see you are the only ( closing) cashier and once you've apologized for the wait, the are very pleasant about it. Seems our store is finally beefing up the cashier count up front to the detriment of other departments. We've got people from the floor willing to pick up cashier shifts from the swap book...that's how badly other areas are being cut back.

Our SrTL won't even call for back up until you've got 1+2 (minimum) in line. If the cashier requests additional assistance, the TL will get on the radio and tell everyone we're fine...sigh

My ETL-GE explained it to me like this. The problem is, the scores are a four week rolling, based on the month. So whatever you get that first week of the month really sets the stage. So that first week, let's say you get a 90. Yay, you're green. But that means next week the highest you're going to get is 95. The lower that first week score, the more dismal that second week score is going to look, and you'll spend the month trying to catch up. I asked my ETL-GE what happens if it's s five week month, but he didn't have an answer for that...so I'm still a bit fuzzy on this all.

Anyone who cashiers for long periods of time knows that a high speed score at the beginning of your shift means it's only going to go down by the end. And similarly, a low speed score at the beginning of your shift is impossible to bring up very far by the end.

The fancy statistics term for this is "regression toward the mean," in case anyone was curious.

(Gotta make that college education relevant somehow!)

At my store they are terrible:eek: Everyone is really nice...... Sure we have one or two grumpy grumps but majority of the people are nice. I honestly think the survey scores are based on guests getting mad that cashiers don't always bend over backwards for them and honestly I don't blame them......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back