Archived So How did Black Thurs. Go For You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't too bad for me. Busy as hell of course for the first couple of hours, but better than I expected. Only problem I became aware of was some guest going ballistic in electronics with that 'Apple Only' policy, and almost injuring a co-worker.

My store was surprisingly busy until like 1:30am. When i left at 4:30 we were at like almost 300k in sales and almost 40 redcards.

A guy was kicked out for rolling a joint while in the line.
PMR'd an attempted walkout.
A couple empty package beats headsets....
that's about it.

I"m on my way in to work - but was "part of the problem" last night.

I have to say, our team ROCKED IT. Seriously, it was smooth, it was organized, the staffing was great on the floor, checkout was efficient (mostly), and they just did great.

I stopped on the way out to let the STL know that too.

(and my living room is enter the modern era... I can now no longer use the excuse of "my tv does not have an HDMI input, and only does 480i anyway"!!)

Now, if anyone can suggest a great way to tell the whole team that - I guess a big Vibe card?!?!?!

I can't speak for the entire store, but everything seemed to go pretty smooth on our end. Probably didn't die down until 2am or so if I had to guess.

I was a bit surprised how easy the night was. I'm no stranger to opening Black Friday, but I've only ever done carts, not fitting room. I expected the fitting room to be quiet for the first 2 or 3 hours and the phone to be crazy. Never had more than one phone call at any given time and they were fairly spaced out. Granted, the fitting room itself was slow as well, but still had people trying stuff on at 8:30.

Even reshop wasn't bad (all things considered). Considering the horror stories I heard, I was thinking the Z-bar was going to be overflowing. The bins were, but once recovery started, reshop took care of itself (except BGI, seems nobody likes going to that area).

I can safely say ours went very well. Reshop was the biggest problem, when I left last night we had 18 carts of unsorted reshop at GS. People did get angry at electronics and GS that they were not checking people out, and they had to wait in line that spanned all of A and most of G.

Can't speak for any of the events before midnight, but my shift from midnight to 8:30 went pretty great. Wave zoned for 2 hours then took over electronics for the next 6 and a half. Some miscommunication between the electronics team and our operator lead my store to being the only store with 16GB Ipad Airs/Minis in the area. My LOD ended up spending the whole night with me at the boat because we had so many people coming in for the Ipads.

Very smooth and controlled. STL, ETL-GE, our GSTLs and our DTL did a great job controlling the lines. Only hiccup was that people without tickets got the 50" TV and they were gone in minutes. It was busy until about 1, but then it slowly died down to the point where we had 2 or 3 guests in the store. It was pretty fun too because everyone was going loopy by 2 AM.

Very smooth, only problem in my store was a SrTL almost got hit buy a customer who's 50 inch "was stolen" guy left his 50 inch in the main isle, went down an isle to talk to someone, came back and, surprise, the cart with the TV was gone, Hardlines4 came and took the guest away before it got physical, i was in ticket TV's till they were gone, then to electronics, then to the back to set the truckline, then on the truckline, then doing flow, then backroom.... very interesting 10 hours...

Ours was smooth. At one point the GSTL and I just looked at each other and grinned and gave each other the thumbs up. The store had it down and we had it down.

The main issue is that we are still showing online that we have the element 50" tv in stock, and people keep calling/coming in for them and getting upset we don't have it. I mean, really? Why would they think we would still have it?

We were slammed until maybe 11-12 and busy until 3:30, after that it was like a slow Friday night. We sold all our 50" Tvs within 20 minutes, people were pissed because they didn't get one (it's a shitty brand anyway people) Police had to get involved with one guest. One potential theft averted. 3 fights prevented. Some POS issues. But we did get a lot of reshop out and got the store looking Yellowish by the time I left.

Couple empty package clearance phone cases.

A load of empty package Isotonic phone thingies.

Our store got a call from another store up the road at about 2:30AM that a DTL was coming for a quick visit to see how the night went. Then I found out that toys was getting researched in an hour and a half, which set me into hyper mode because god help me if my department gets the counts messed up.

My thursday night was great :)

PeMdjae.jpg

Don't you love it, when CEO's and management decide, that employees time with family, is more important than sales? :)

Went very smooth, lots and lots of receipt checks, but only had one issue with with an upset guest which was resolved easily.

ours went great! Blew sales out of the water, had 78 redcards when I left at 5am, and when i was in shopping tonight they were up to 112, only had a few gstl calls to the lanes. It was so smooth and made me so proud of the cashiers!
I heard Electronics went really well as well and we were recovered and ready to go by 3am again.

The store up the street on the other hand had a terrible night, fights broke out, they only had 14 cashiers to start the day, (at a super T with 30 registers and we had 34 cashiers opening) an ETL there called the DTL because he didn't think the STL was handling things correctly so he had to come in and try and save the day without having a clue what was going on. Rumor has it the STL was suppose to work all weekend and he told her to stay home and he would handle the store and they would talk on Monday.

ours went great! Blew sales out of the water, had 78 redcards when I left at 5am, and when i was in shopping tonight they were up to 112, only had a few gstl calls to the lanes. It was so smooth and made me so proud of the cashiers!
I heard Electronics went really well as well and we were recovered and ready to go by 3am again.

The store up the street on the other hand had a terrible night, fights broke out, they only had 14 cashiers to start the day, (at a super T with 30 registers and we had 34 cashiers opening) an ETL there called the DTL because he didn't think the STL was handling things correctly so he had to come in and try and save the day without having a clue what was going on. Rumor has it the STL was suppose to work all weekend and he told her to stay home and he would handle the store and they would talk on Monday.

Oh shit. That ETL->DTL RE: STL thing could go super badly.

My store lines people through market, its not like there is anyone buying groceries at that time.

We opened at 7am and had a good but relaxed day. Counted about 200 at the door when we opened and it ran very smoothly. Biggest line was of course Electronics but we didn't have any issues other than stock.

Had one incident of merch recovery. Someone must have tried to take off the Spider Wrap and dumped it.

All in all went well and the team was very prepared.

Our night went really well too. I was at the Apple shop (set up in Pfresh) til about 10ish. Then cleaned that up and helped in electronics for awhile. Then I got to zone grocery which was awesome because NO ONE was there and it was calm. Yesterday the only place that was really busy was electronics/toys.

I didn't lift anything heavy but my shoulders are freaking killing​ me

It was miserable, we didn't make sales and we were just busy enough that any sort of serious attempt to clean up was stymied. I believe we still have 40 or so carts of HL alone to process tonight. I can't imagine what softlines in my store is going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back