Archived So how do they do punch corrections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always wondered how HR (I think HR does it?) does our punch corrections. I did one a few days ago and I started wondering how they know whether or not it's a valid punch. Say someone punches out to lunch early(or late), but goes into punch corrections and changes it to an later (or earlier) time. How would they know it was a farce?

By the way, I feel I should mention that I didn't make a false punch correction. Lol I was just wondering.

When I look at the requested changes on the form - I verify it against what a tm was scheduled, and usually the tm has spoken to me to find out what they missed.

We cannot change it (from your form) to an earlier or later time - we only use the info you give us. Our option is either to approve or deny.

does that answer your questions?

If its suspicious they will review video of you at the timeclock. People do it all the time and get termed for time clock fraud

Oh that makes sense, I clocked out at a late time just to make the punch, I then went and changed it in the system. I'm usually very good about clocking in and out so hopefully it's not an issue. I just forgot to clock out. Lol

Oh that makes sense, I clocked out at a late time just to make the punch, I then went and changed it in the system. I'm usually very good about clocking in and out so hopefully it's not an issue. I just forgot to clock out. Lol

no - you cannot go back and change a punch to 'make it correct'

Target has to pay you for your actual time worked - changing it is fraud

no - you cannot go back and change a punch to 'make it correct'

Target has to pay you for your actual time worked - changing it is fraud

I just called HR and explained the situation, they said it shouldn't be a problem and to call back tomorrow to speak with an ETL. I feel so dumb, lol I shouldn't have punched out after I was already late.

I've forgotten to punch out for lunch a couple times, but I did End Meal at the end of my lunch, and my HR fixed it without me doing a punch correction. One of my HR TMs watches for these situations and can tell if we missed a lunch punch, so she knows what time to add them in.

I've forgotten to punch out for lunch a couple times, but I did End Meal at the end of my lunch, and my HR fixed it without me doing a punch correction. One of my HR TMs watches for these situations and can tell if we missed a lunch punch, so she knows what time to add them in.

Except I went back and punched out from lunch then changed it on Max Self-Service, I didn't realize that wasn't okay. I've never had this issue, I've forgotten to clock out from work but that's about it. Crap somehow I feel like I'm going to get termed even though it was an accident. :/

Had a co worker get termed last week for doing a punch correction. He showed up about 5 minutes late to his shift and did a correction to make it look like he was on time.

Our HR post the names of People with Missed Punches b y the time clock and then we just go into Max and add the Missed punch and delete if theres a duplicate (ex. hitting end work instead of end meal the end work for end of day)

in instances where the time is punched, but it's for the wrong thing, hr can change it for you. (like you punched end meal at the end of your shift)

when the punch is missing completely - such as forgetting to clock out at the end of your shift, we will have to wait until you correct it on eHR.

Tip: Don't use eHR to change your punch to give yourself more time on the clock - such as "gosh, I have a doctors appointment, I think I'll go into work and get paid will I am there!"
(Saw it happen, team member tried it a couple of times, and was termed.)

Don't use eHR to change your time to fix a missed lunch so that it looks better for compliance, or so that you won't be on overtime. Not a good plan; can lead to termination.

Just use the clock when you work - you'll be fine. Any questions, stop and ask your friendly hr person to help you! We like to do that!

I always had a suspicion that still photo with date/time was taken every time you punch. I know, crazy idea, but its crazy how many tl & tm were fired this year for changing a punch to their favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back