Archived So I covered a shift, but now have to avoid OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So initially when I picked up a SL shift my hours weren't up to par. Me being one of the go-to's for more hours though earned me more hours than I expected. So my projected OT was over 40. Concerned about this I spoke to my HR about maybe taking a longer lunch to even it out. She just decided to change my start shift time by 30 minutes (the one I'm supposed to cover today). Now I'm wondering if this looks bad on my part because I won't be there for the entire shift that I picked up myself. I would've monitored the overtime, but I didn't know I was going to get called for extra shifts so I came in and stayed late earlier this week. HR didn't seem worried much about it, but I'm worried the Softies will be upset I won't be there for the start of the original shift.

I had a shift where I left three hours early to avoid overtime, even though my TL was sure I'd be fine. The day came, and it sucked, but I had to leave right at 1:45. Some things like this, especially around the holidays, are inevitable. It'll be okay for just a later-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back