Answered So I have a question...

I have been with Target for years.. I have switched positions within the store multiple times. Recently, I have gotten a full time job. I have came to the consensus that I am ready to leave Target and hopefully just MAYBE come back during seasonal times and be a seasonal position. I have asked to be scheduled every other weekend to no avail.. I have worked a month straight with both Target and my ft job. And quite frankly I'm tired. I'm hearing I should just stay and cut my availability to like nothing, but then what's the point? Currently, I'm adjusting to my new job and with that comes growing pains. I love Target, I just need to do what's best for me & leave. I may consider being a seasonal hire eventually but for now, I just want to focus on my ft job.

Would I need to put a 2 weeks in and just reapply to be seasonal or take a long LOA? What should I do team members?? How do I go about this?

If you are SFS, GM, or GA, you can ask to be converted to On-Demand. No raises or reviews and you are not on the schedule. You can pick up shifts and can be called to be put on the schedule. Otherwise, just put in and work out your 2 weeks, letting your leaders know that you want to come back in November.

I have a full time job. It’s the typical M-F from 8-5pm. I still kept my Target job as my part time (maximum 15 hours/available only for 3 certains days with a set schedule) I am very lucky to have a set schedule from Target and I get a Saturday off from both jobs. It works out for me because it’s not fully loaded and it helps that my full time job is a desk job so I am not too physically tired when I am doing a closing shift. It doesnt hurt to ask if you can have a set schedule. It also helps with my case that I have been with Target for years and even if I only work a few days a week, my leads know my work is very consistent for my shifts. Also I think they like the fact that I dont mind closing only for 4 hours since I am not complaining if I don’t get tons of hours.

Last edited:
I have been with Target for years.. I have switched positions within the store multiple times. Recently, I have gotten a full time job. I have came to the consensus that I am ready to leave Target and hopefully just MAYBE come back during seasonal times and be a seasonal position. I have asked to be scheduled every other weekend to no avail.. I have worked a month straight with both Target and my ft job. And quite frankly I'm tired. I'm hearing I should just stay and cut my availability to like nothing, but then what's the point? Currently, I'm adjusting to my new job and with that comes growing pains. I love Target, I just need to do what's best for me & leave. I may consider being a seasonal hire eventually but for now, I just want to focus on my ft job.

Would I need to put a 2 weeks in and just reapply to be seasonal or take a long LOA? What should I do team members?? How do I go about this?
Technically you can’t take an loa for another job. But some hr let’s that slide.

Technically you can’t take an loa for another job. But some hr let’s that slide.
This would be when we suggest a personal loa. If your stores turnover is pretty high and you want to do some seasonal work that’s a pretty good way to do it. Right now anyone can take up to 120 days of personal leave. I will recommend you not mention your other job when you bring up the loa. HR works in a lot of gray, murky waters and we like plausible deniability.

Back