Archived So I have learned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand now how most ETL's are d bags and walk around as if they're God's...today I got a few ' friendly suggestions' I took one of my guest service team members out to lunch today and my ' friendly' HR-ETL told me how it was a big no no how I was crossing lines and it could lead to this girl stalking me or something ridiculous...these are the same people who frown on me when I bring homemade goodies for everyone who wants and leave them in the break room. Currently I also have no ETL due to the ETL being fired and I have a boat load of work on top of the usual work I would normally do but I am not getting ETL pay...

Sorry to heard about that. Next week, just buy them lunch only quietly. Were you in break room or in fa?

Wow, we have a couple of TLs who bake for the staff pretty regularly and the prize for the top performers is lunch with the TL so WTF.
Sounds like your ETL has major cranial sphincter attachment syndrome.

We left target and went to a local restaurant. I don't understand what the big deal is

I learned the hard way not to fratenize. I work with some hard working people but its still target, (trust no one and everyone is a liar! :). Also, i dont think you can be an effective leader if you are too friendly with your team. But there are the few who pull their weight and deserve the extra recognition!

I think I'm friendly enough but still assertive. I didn't think it was a big deal eating at a restaurant with a team member because I eat with team members in the break room.

I think I'm friendly enough but still assertive. I didn't think it was a big deal eating at a restaurant with a team member because I eat with team members in the break room.

It isn't a big deal. This isn't the military, it's just Target. Obviously you have to separate your job self from your friend self if you are going to socialize with TMs, and you might find yourself having to coach someone you are friends with outside of work but you are the best judge of whether you can handle it or not.

Overheard a conversation between a tl and hr yesterday when I was at the time clock,hr had heard that the tl was going to bring in lunch for his team and that it was not allowed because it could cause problems,I have not come across this objection before,bringing in lunch for a particular team used to happen occasionally in the past but not recently, I did not know it was frowned upon.Actually in the distant past when I did such a thing I was always told to submit my receipt and get my money back.

You should come work at my store! My ETL-Log and TLs usually go out for breakfast after a rough day at work and they usually ask if anyone wants to join (obviously you gotta pay for yourself), but I just find it funny when they all go out for breakfast and end up having several bloody marys after an hour or two... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back