Archived So I think a TM at my store is about to go to jail

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is some crazy stuff.

I was in toys tonight helping the TM in electronics complete the zone. This guy is usually very cool, have a good time doing the closing zone and talking to him while doing it.

So tonight he tells me about a "great deal" he got on Craigslist. I'm like "Oh yea, what was it?"

So he tells me he saw a Craigslist ad for a new in box Xbox One, 3 games, and two controllers for $400. Right away I start thinking that sounds too good to be true. I ask him how that went and this is how the conversation went:

Him: Well the guy wanted me to come meet him outside the back of a best buy to do the deal.
Me: WTF? The back of a best buy?
Him: Yea, apparently he works there.
Me: Uh... soo... why did he want to do it at his job?
Him: Well he didn't tell me he worked there until I got there.
Me: So what happened?
Him: Well he told me to drive my car to the back door and wait for him there. Then he came out the back door, gave me the system, games, and controllers, I gave him the money and left. It was an amazing deal.
Me: Wait, WTF? He came out the back door? You mean a locked back door that's not for customers?
Him: Yea, he told me he was just about to get off his shift but didn't want to get in trouble leaving before his shift was over so he brought it to work and put it in the back so he could do it really fast before he went home.
Me: He was in a best buy uniform?
Him: Yea.
Me: Uh... you know that was not his stuff right?
Him: What do you mean?
Me: You know he just stole that shit out of the back room and gave it to you, right?
Him: No, it is his stuff he just brought to work.
Me: No, it's stolen for sure.

The conversation went on like that back and forth for a bit and then I told him he needs to either get in touch with the police or go back to that store, talk to the manager, bring the stuff back, and let them know what happened ASAP otherwise he is probably going to jail with that dude.

This TM is 18 years old, very naïve and trusting, and I suppose stupid enough to not have realized what was going on. (though, there is a chance maybe he did....)

He basically told me he would "think about" checking with the store to see if the best buy employee stole it.

I have a feeling that best buy employee probably walked off the job right after he did it before anyone could realize what happened and won't ever show up to work again. Problem is, I have a feeling a camera probably caught what happened and this TM at my store is probably going to end up going to jail for receiving stolen property. What a freaking idiot.

4FGk7Wd.gif

unless somebody help him with the service door just buzzed him in.

From what I know about Best Buy from friends, they can not bring their personal electronic items outside of their breakroom. Some stores they have to check it with their Loss Prevention person.

Have him report to the local PD, and report the story.

Or have him call Microsoft and research the S/N to see if its been purchased before.

I worked best buy AP for about 2 years and from what I know your friend wont be caught as long as the guy he bought the stuff from isn't caught which is completely possible. Their exterior camera coverage sucks since it is only one parking lot PTZ and no one in the store actively works internals. There is an AAPM that works internals but I doubt this is on his radar yet. but at that their offstage camera coverage well still sucks.... Best Buy AP is a god damn joke.

Best Buy AP is a god damn joke.

Now tell me, why do they let regular cashiers, stand near the front of the entrance, and mess with the cameras? I've been told, that it's never really AP up there, but instead, just whoever they can get that hour.

Isin't there a 2nd room, where the real AP office is?

Best Buy AP is a god damn joke.

Now tell me, why do they let regular cashiers, stand near the front of the entrance, and mess with the cameras? I've been told, that it's never really AP up there, but instead, just whoever they can get that hour.

Isin't there a 2nd room, where the real AP office is?

Nope haha, There is an AP office where the DVRs are but other than that all the camera work and surveillance is done from the podium right by the doors. I believe they do have remote capabilities, for video review only, in some if not all stores but no where near what TVS offers. I was actually one of the cashiers that played with the cameras for a while and thats how I got into AP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back