Archived So, I think I may have gotten into trouble tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's entirely possible to zone to pog, you just need to be consistent. A good wave zone process with consistent leadership each night will let you do this.

I did in an AA volume store for 3 years. My peers hated me for forcing them into a wave zone but they couldn't argue the result.
Thanks so much for the laugh. That 3 salesfloor tm wave is awesome.

Your etl needs to get creative with payroll.

At the AA I had 1 elec, 1 market, 3 hl, 2 sl, 1 fitting room per evening.

The Fr person was responsible for the areas near the fr, which was normally plus/maternity and some of mens. Guest service was responsible for swim or winter, whichever was closest to Gs.

The 2 Sl tms waved the rest of sl excluding shoes, reshop for each area was completed at the end of each area.

The consumables tm was responsible for pfresh and dry. Yes it's a lot, yes, they can get it done in 6 hours.

The electronics tm was responsible for toys, electronics and mmb.

The remaining 3 hl tms plus the tl waved starting in hba or seasonal, depends on the season, and moved through all of hl. Typically took about 4 hours. At the end of the night, everyone zoned shoes.

Was it perfect? No, but after the initial 6 weeks or so of driving the result, it became increasingly easier to recover because a) the tl is ever present, you get a consistent result, and b) if you can't get to an area, it's one isolated place, which is easier to knock out in the morning than just random bs.

If you look at my posts, you'll see I'm the first person to say that target over works and underschedules it's stores, but getting a good zone isnt one of those things, you just need a focused plan and constant leadership on the same page.

I also kept a spotless fixture room for a year, but that required a bike chain, a padlock, and treating adults like 5 year Olds to make possible.

We schedule 3 HL TM's all day. 1-5, 3-7, 7,-11. With 11am-6pm CAFS now, that 3-7 person is finishing up the CAFs and maybe doing some go-backs. Only the 7-11 can get any kind of zone done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back