Archived So I was thinking of joining Target for a second job...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems to be the best place to ask this question so here I go! I am looking for a part time second job three days a week. My current job has me working four days a week and the days I work are different each week. I can be off one Monday but have to work the next, I also can't work past 3:00 PM because I might get called in. Can Target work with me? I also live 40 min away from Target... (My main job is under 10min from Target though.)

This seems to be the best place to ask this question so here I go! I am looking for a part time second job three days a week. My current job has me working four days a week and the days I work are different each week. I can be off one Monday but have to work the next, I also can't work past 3:00 PM because I might get called in. Can Target work with me? I also live 40 min away from Target... (My main job is under 10min from Target though.)
Honestly probably not. Target is extremely flexible with availability, but it has to be set, basically you can’t go in each week and say I want these three days but not after 3p and next week I want these three different days.

Honestly probably not. Target is extremely flexible with availability, but it has to be set, basically you can’t go in each week and say I want these three days but not after 3p and next week I want these three different days.
Good thing I asked on here first!

I can be off one Monday but have to work the next, I also can't work past 3:00 PM because I might get called in. Can Target work with me? I also live 40 min away from Target... (My main job is under 10min from Target though.)
Chances are, once Target hears that part, you wouldn’t get the job. Being a new team member, they’d want to stick you on nights and weekends. You can always apply anyways and just mention it to them and see what they say. But keep in mind, Target has been known to have a high turnover for managers so your hiring manager might agree to that, but then two months later you end up with a new manager who wants to get rid of you because of that.

Almost the same happened to me. I got a second job outside of Target that paid more and told my manager that I could only do a max of 20 hours a week. He said sure no problem. Three months later I get a new manager who told me that doesn’t work, and he wants me doing at least 25 hours a week.

Most targets seem to want open availability for TMs now, it’s not the best company to work for if it’s a second job. However you never know, so I would call and ask just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back