Archived so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lasted a whole month, y'all! I don't know how you folks do it, but I commend you! Had a shitshow of a week last week, with hardly any sleep because of closing-opening-closing-opening shifts, and lots of softlines drama, culminating in the asshole Store Director accusing me of lying and treating me like a child. No. Nope. Not for $14 an hour. I am an adult and I will not stand for that. Plus, softlines was a nightmare that always looked like a bomb went off, and the training was inconsistent, at best. Yeah, I didn't get to see any of the "style" or "consulting" that the job title suggests. Anyway, thanks for the sharing y'all do, it really helped me feel less insane. Onwards and upwards! 😎

Sorry to see you go precious! 😟 When I was first hired, my Softlines department was a shitshow. I had very little in the way of training, but since I had 20+ years of Softlines experience, I managed to figure some stuff out on my own, and if I couldn't (which was more often than not), I asked questions, lots of questions, to anyone who would stop long enough to listen. I got some good advice and some bad advice, and just kept plugging away. Eventually we hired a couple of other TMs who were on the ball, and things started to turn around. Then Christmas hit, and everything fell apart...at one point, I remember texting my husband and telling him that I didn't think I would make it through the holiday season. Pep talks, sheer determination, and the need and desire for do-re-mi kept me going. Now I'm practically an OG around here, lol. It ain't for everyone though.

Best of luck to you! 🙋‍♀️🍻

latest

Sorry to see you go precious! 😟 When I was first hired, my Softlines department was a shitshow. I had very little in the way of training, but since I had 20+ years of Softlines experience, I managed to figure some stuff out on my own, and if I couldn't (which was more often than not), I asked questions, lots of questions, to anyone who would stop long enough to listen. I got some good advice and some bad advice, and just kept plugging away. Eventually we hired a couple of other TMs who were on the ball, and things started to turn around. Then Christmas hit, and everything fell apart...at one point, I remember texting my husband and telling him that I didn't think I would make it through the holiday season. Pep talks, sheer determination, and the need and desire for do-re-mi kept me going. Now I'm practically an OG around here, lol. It ain't for everyone though.

Best of luck to you! 🙋‍♀️🍻
Thanks a bunch! I enjoyed your posts and thoughtful replies! I have a complicated backstory, and am just getting back into the workforce, AND I have the luxury of being choosy. I have retail experience, high end and low end, and I've honestly been a Target fan ever since it opened, so I figured it would be an easy win! Man, was I wrong about the easy part. If I wanted to pick up clothes off the floor all day, I'd rather do it in my teenager's room where I can at least listen to music! 😂 Anyway, it kinda sucks, because I really liked the team and the ETL. But that Store Director can kiss my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back