Archived So long, farewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Producer

HRTM
Just worked my last shift. I've been with spot for four years now, cross trained in multiple areas of the store and was a team trainer for three departments. I was promoted to HR and later became a GSTL. Unlike many people who post here, I genuinely loved my job, my peers, my execs, and most of all my team. Target has had such a profound impact on me and has really developed me from a college kid with no experience working in PFresh into a capable leader and strong professional.

I was offered a job in my field for twice the pay, and even still it was a hard decision to leave the many amazing people whom I got to know, but at this point I have to make strides to start my career. I am so appreciative of this site and the amazing members who have provided their insight and anecdotes and made my job feel a lot less stressful.

I know my experience isn't indicative of what everyone else who works for Target might go through, but if nothing else, let me encourage you all that there can be good STL's and Exec's, that your peers can be decent at their jobs and collaborate with you to support your workcenter, that you can be around people who can actually take pride in their work despite the low compensation. I know this because I was lucky enough to have it.

Keep looking for better opportunities, but also do your best to make the lives of those you work with better by maintaining a positive attitude.

Thank you all!

Congratulations and good luck too you.

Stop by and let us know how things are going for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back