Archived So second day today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

evtorr95

Flowbro
So second day was pretty boring. Just a bunch of computer training and stocking the god awful "spot the one" area. (Whenever I was inside of target I felt bad for the person who had to make that area look somewhat presentable)

Was approached by two guys who I now assume were either "higher ups" or just plain old assholes from their attitude and dress.

They asked a question about HR I could not answer so I just told them I was new and didn't know and directed them to guest services about 20 feet away.

To which they replied "You have no idea? WOW who hired YOU?" And then I thought of all the shitty comebacks I wish I could have thought of and said.

I was waiting for the first one of these after reading a bunch if threads last night.

Not sure if this is in the right spot

Last edited:
Yep, prolly right: plain old assholes.
Gotta love Target leadership sometimes.

Wait, there are stores that give a shit about OneSpot? Ours looks nice for a week after its reset then half of it goes d-code and all bets are off.

Also yeah, those guys sound like dicks. Were they in Target colors? Could have been vendors otherwise I guess.

My god if they were vendors I would've tore into them. Actually, I probably would have even if they were corporate, though I doubt they were. That's just a really shitty thing to say.

Vendors at my store just get in my way. I hate... HATE when they remove merchandise off a flat to use without asking.

I honestly have no idea. One was wearing a suit and the other a long sleeve dress shirt with a bowtie. So saw them come in and first thought was that they looked like tools. Turns out I was right. The one with the bowtie, his look just screamed "I AM AN ASS KISSING CRONY" to me. And what exactly are vendors?

Last edited:
Wait, there are stores that give a shit about OneSpot? Ours looks nice for a week after its reset then half of it goes d-code and all bets are off.

Also yeah, those guys sound like dicks. Were they in Target colors? Could have been vendors otherwise I guess.

Yes...my store cares about One Spot, and at least three times a week I super zone it to perfection and put away strays. If you have someone who can captain it that is ultra compulsive and picky, it can easily be the best looking area in the store. Sadly flow is my biggest opposition to keeping it up, but I do what I can.

And what exactly are vendors?
Some consumer products companies have vendors who go into retail stores to make sure that their products are fresh and fully stocked (Coca Cola, Pepsi, Nabisco, etc.).

Vendors also usually work out the greeting cards, magazines, sunglasses, & check to make sure that products are on display and endcaps are built on time. I have also seen them in cosmetics, baby formula, toys and electronics.

Vendors also usually work out the greeting cards, magazines, sunglasses, & check to make sure that products are on display and endcaps are built on time. I have also seen them in cosmetics, baby formula, toys and electronics.

True on cosmetics.

Vendors List (not complete)
  • Nestle
  • Nabisco
  • Pepsi
  • Coca Cola
  • Essie nails
  • Proctor and Gamble (their vendor handles cosmetics and they just come to make sure the hotspots/endcaps are set up)
  • Greeting cards
  • Haagen Daaz (rich white person ice cream that doesn't taste good)
  • Red Baron (pizza)
  • Lehigh Valley (milk)
  • Baby formula
  • Sunglasses
  • Boots (another cosmetics brand)
  • You might get someone from Mattel who comes in
  • Nintendo
  • Probably Sony and Microsoft but I've never seen them
  • Samsung
  • Probably the other TVs
  • oh I had someone for a phone company once might have Verizon
  • Target Mobile counts too.
  • Approximately 50 for all the other foods because these companies are insane
  • Also their vendors can be annoying just ask Jack
  • Trust me he hates them
  • Don't actually mention them to him
  • seriously
  • don't
  • my milk vendor is the most disgruntled looking black guy in the world
  • it's so funny
  • he looks more pissed off than flow
  • and that's saying something
  • Like he gives the American Greeting cards vendor and I a run for our money with our resting bitch face
  • yes i suffer from that

• Like he gives the American Greeting cards vendor and I a run for our money with our resting bitch face

• yes i suffer from that

I too am afflicted with that conditon. That is a large list thanks for that, still learning. I'll probably ask my ETL or TL about it tommorrow if anything. See what's up.

My store does. I am always more than happy to go over there and zone the shit out of One Spot when I want to get off the lanes. It gives me time to think about things other than getting REDcards. And I always feel a great sense of accomplishment when I'm done and things actually belong where they should!

Yes...my store cares about One Spot, and at least three times a week I super zone it to perfection and put away strays. If you have someone who can captain it that is ultra compulsive and picky, it can easily be the best looking area in the store. Sadly flow is my biggest opposition to keeping it up, but I do what I can.
I'm always happy to see onespot in order. Unfortunately contradictory orders are given about its replenishment. NO backstock. Some backstock. To pog or not to pog. It's a fine line, a slippery slope and an outright dusterluck esp if someone's toddler empties a few bins on the floor and its seven minutes till compliance.

They also wander into the backroom and ask to see all of our Legos...

True on cosmetics.

Vendors List (not complete)
  • Nestle
  • Nabisco
  • Pepsi
  • Coca Cola
  • Essie nails
  • Proctor and Gamble (their vendor handles cosmetics and they just come to make sure the hotspots/endcaps are set up)
  • Greeting cards
  • Haagen Daaz (rich white person ice cream that doesn't taste good)
  • Red Baron (pizza)
  • Lehigh Valley (milk)
  • Baby formula
  • Sunglasses
  • Boots (another cosmetics brand)
  • You might get someone from Mattel who comes in
  • Nintendo
  • Probably Sony and Microsoft but I've never seen them
  • Samsung
  • Probably the other TVs
  • oh I had someone for a phone company once might have Verizon
  • Target Mobile counts too.
  • Approximately 50 for all the other foods because these companies are insane
  • Also their vendors can be annoying just ask Jack
  • Trust me he hates them
  • Don't actually mention them to him
  • seriously
  • don't
  • my milk vendor is the most disgruntled looking black guy in the world
  • it's so funny
  • he looks more pissed off than flow
  • and that's saying something
  • yes i suffer from that
  • Milk is a local vendor
  • we also have at least two other ice cream vendors
  • Snyders
  • Frito-Lay
I think we should have a complete list of all vendors on here.

I alternate resting bitch face w deer in the headlights and hey was that Jim Morrison?!

They also wander into the backroom and ask to see all of our Legos...

First time I stocked toys we had a loooot of Lego sets in. I just wanted to take them home with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back