Archived So second day today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some consumer products companies have vendors who go into retail stores to make sure that their products are fresh and fully stocked (Coca Cola, Pepsi, Nabisco, etc.).

And if any of these guys give you shit, tell your friendly neighborhood PA (PFresh Assistant).

Who, since your new, he is the guy/girl over in Fresh Food trying to hold it all together.

• Milk is a local vendor
  • we also have at least two other ice cream vendors (Nestle, and the other may be local)
  • Snyders
  • Frito-Lay
  • Budweiser (will be a local vendor)
  • Miller/Coors (will be a local vendor)
I think we should have a complete list of all vendors on here.

I think we should have a complete list of all vendors on here.
Coke
Pepsi
DPSG (7up, Snapple)
Beer guy 1
Beer Guy 2
Same company as Beer Guy 1 but just sells Red Bull
Sparkling Ice
Pepperidge Farms Cookies/Goldfish
Voortman
Peets & Caribou Coffee
Ice People (different regional)
Pepperidge Farm Bread
Bibbo Bakery
Flowers Bakery
Sara Lee
Mission tortillas and chips
Snyder's/Lance/ Over the Border chips
Frito Lay
Kelloggs (Cheez It/Keebler Cookies)
Nabisco
Highland Farms/Prairie Farms Milk
Nestle (Ice Cream Novelties, Haagen Daaz and Digiorno)
Blue Belle (MIA)
Red Barron
Kraft

Non-Food:
Greeting Cards
ICU reading glasses
Crossmark (Mostly posters)
Excell
Jewelry/Sunglasses
Guy who changes the batteries in the Gillette razor display

I can't sell the stuff in my state but I've also worked with a ton of wine, liquor and high point beer vendors.

Not dry.. We just have a series of really stupid liquor laws. Basically, stores that sell regular things can only sell stuff with less than 3.2% alcohol. On the other end of the spectrum, liquor stores can't sell low point beer or even ice.

Edit: Just wanted to add that anything over 3.2% proof isn't able to be refrigerated and you can buy low point beer any day of the week but liquor stores are unable to sell anything.

Last edited:
Also
Barcel (Regional?)
Mike Sell's Chips (Regional)
Icee

I don't remember who brought them in but I really miss Grippos and Ale 8 1
I'm pretty far from the distribution network of those now and it really sucks.

Vendors also usually work out the greeting cards, magazines, sunglasses, & check to make sure that products are on display and endcaps are built on time. I have also seen them in cosmetics, baby formula, toys and electronics.

The cosmetics vendors range from really awesome people who help stock endcaps and let me know what displays are missing (since plano refuses to put them all out/throws out at least 3 necessary ones per shipment) to jerks who demand that I stop what I'm doing an explain why the displays are empty. Because people buy the products? Which is the point of the displays? GTFO

I hate vendors that waste your time. I don't mind checking the BR for items, shooting research, or printing a missing label or ad sign, but please don't corner me to give me a lecture.

Wait, there are stores that give a shit about OneSpot? Ours looks nice for a week after its reset then half of it goes d-code and all bets are off.

Also yeah, those guys sound like dicks. Were they in Target colors? Could have been vendors otherwise I guess.
we are constantly just flexing 1-3 dollar items in there every other day... its oh so much fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back