Archived So, the new electronics layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to my SFT, we are one of those getting the remodel. I'm actually really excited considering I hate the current layout and have been quite vocal about it to our guest and higher-ups.

I might just start pretending that it was me, hehehe

Those videos show nice civilized people shopping the stores it's beyond unrealistic. I seriously think this is what corporate thinks the people act like on the weekends or any time really. I often wonder if they have ever been to a store that does over $250k daily. No store can maintain that look for an extended period unless they do barely any sales in which case they're losing money.

At my store, we give Target Mobile a key. They ring plenty of things up.
Those videos show nice civilized people shopping the stores it's beyond unrealistic. I seriously think this is what corporate thinks the people act like on the weekends or any time really. I often wonder if they have ever been to a store that does over $250k daily. No store can maintain that look for an extended period unless they do barely any sales in which case they're losing money.

People are nice and kind around 10:30PM on Monday :D Note that this only guaranteed applicable to stores that close at 11PM during the week and only guaranteed applicable to my store

Anyways, my store gets some new fixtures. Nothing with the new carpet and stuff. I wish we did. Though all those little islands look like prime places for guests to just leave their reshop.

Soooo what, we're going back to pre-cut Electronics training? An extra two pages on the electronics champion training guide? I'm sure once the EE transition happens expectation will also be 100% minimum on AAR scores daily with a marginal increase of hours. Even five years ago the training hours were much more plentiful and you still had to do personal studying outside the business to figure out how to answer even a third of the inane questions guest have about their electronics. And it sure as hell didn't help that every brand had their own standard on what they quantify as excellent (looking at you, Samsung).

Hopefully those fixtures are also more robust, as half the tablets for the android section in my store didn't even make it past two weeks when they got installed.

Soooo what, we're going back to pre-cut Electronics training? An extra two pages on the electronics champion training guide? I'm sure once the EE transition happens expectation will also be 100% minimum on AAR scores daily with a marginal increase of hours. Even five years ago the training hours were much more plentiful and you still had to do personal studying outside the business to figure out how to answer even a third of the inane questions guest have about their electronics. And it sure as hell didn't help that every brand had their own standard on what they quantify as excellent (looking at you, Samsung).

Hopefully those fixtures are also more robust, as half the tablets for the android section in my store didn't even make it past two weeks when they got installed.

The new Electronics Foundation training is a total joke. No new information, no expanded training, and it's pretty hilarious to have your leader, who knows nothing about electronics walk you through it.

If you're in a store that will be switching to an Electronics Experience store, keep us posted on what happens to your team members, and if Target Mobile gets an expanded role.

As it stands now, Target Mobile is not supposed to have an electronics key/ get very involved with guest service outside of the phones and Beats. We're super lucky and our mobile guys are awesome, but it's technically not part of their role in store. This is apparently changing in the Electronics Experience stores.

Beats recently got added to the list of things that factor in to their commission. They also received demo pairs and we're encouraged to wear them around their necks while they work. Because that's professional looking, lol.

If they let me wear a pair of Beats around my neck while I zone, and allow it to play my music, then I will try to sell Beats to literally every guest.

I just want to listen to music while I work :(

They should just ax the electronics team and replace them with target mobile. Just think of the motivation! We'll never have to worry about AAR ever again.

Target Mobile Team Member here - one or two stores in my district are getting the EE layout, but mine is not one of them. Here is what my DM had to say about it...

"It is an exciting time within Target Mobile as Target Corporation has reached out to us once again to staff the new upcoming Electronic Experience Stores that will be opening over the next few months. The program is to staff the electronics section with Target Mobile team members with the assistance of Target Team members. To be more clear on what our staffing model looks like, we will have a Manager which will be a salaried position working 45 hours a week approximately. We will have an Assistant Manager, a Wireless Team Lead, one Full Time Team Member and three Part Time Team Members. Target will supply two team members to be in electronics as well.
This project costs target ¼ of a million dollars per store."

Target Mobile Team Member here - one or two stores in my district are getting the EE layout, but mine is not one of them. Here is what my DM had to say about it...

"It is an exciting time within Target Mobile as Target Corporation has reached out to us once again to staff the new upcoming Electronic Experience Stores that will be opening over the next few months. The program is to staff the electronics section with Target Mobile team members with the assistance of Target Team members. To be more clear on what our staffing model looks like, we will have a Manager which will be a salaried position working 45 hours a week approximately. We will have an Assistant Manager, a Wireless Team Lead, one Full Time Team Member and three Part Time Team Members. Target will supply two team members to be in electronics as well.

Thank you, this is the exact information that I was looking for.

That sounds unreasonably well-staffed.

How long until those electronics hours get cut?

They will get a few months until it's back to barebones. Every time Target makes a new emphasis they support it for a little while and then pull the plug. I remember how doe-eyed the PAs were at my store when he first got PFresh. I warned them of the impending doom, but they kept saying "Our ETLs told us it would be food first, we are always going to get enough payroll for our tasks." Fast forward to today and our market team is a revolving door of unkept promises and broken dreams.

Oh hey, look at that!

That sounds unreasonably well-staffed.

How long until those electronics hours get cut?

They will get a few months until it's back to barebones. Every time Target makes a new emphasis they support it for a little while and then pull the plug. I remember how doe-eyed the PAs were at my store when he first got PFresh. I warned them of the impending doom, but they kept saying "Our ETLs told us it would be food first, we are always going to get enough payroll for our tasks." Fast forward to today and our market team is a revolving door of unkept promises and broken dreams.
Sounds like our market. We got a new etl and she had ideas for deep zone plus other things. Told us she was going to schedule 3 tms to close on weekends. We had 3 last night and we kept getting called up for backup because there were 3 back there. One time all 3 of us were called up. Guess who needed help with their zone at the end of the night?

At a huddle recently, they said a bunch was changing in electronic in my store. Only difference I've noticed so far is that we have real, working displays... And the nexus 7! (I get excited when vanilla android becomes more accessible) Wonder if they'll be carrying chromecast... Because then I wouldn't have to pay shipping when I get one for my mom.

I'm assuming they're making these changes because people weren't thinking target as often as tgt would like like when they started thinking of buying new tech.

They've started the transition at my store. Not the complete overhaul. They are doing a few aisles each day.

Wow!

they started the electronics transition this week and bent several ipads, nooks trying to squeeze them into the locked frame thing to keep them secure, way to go presentation. I'm sure the guest will want to but an ipad or nook when looking at the display that is bent out of shape, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back