Archived So, the new electronics layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is getting changed, but not sure if it's the whole deal. I know cameras are moving (ours aren't in the boat), we are getting phone displays, and apple is moving & getting working displays.
I wish we would get working Apple Displays.

Target Mobile Team Member here - one or two stores in my district are getting the EE layout, but mine is not one of them. Here is what my DM had to say about it...

"It is an exciting time within Target Mobile as Target Corporation has reached out to us once again to staff the new upcoming Electronic Experience Stores that will be opening over the next few months. The program is to staff the electronics section with Target Mobile team members with the assistance of Target Team members. To be more clear on what our staffing model looks like, we will have a Manager which will be a salaried position working 45 hours a week approximately. We will have an Assistant Manager, a Wireless Team Lead, one Full Time Team Member and three Part Time Team Members. Target will supply two team members to be in electronics as well.
This project costs target ¼ of a million dollars per store."

It sounds like they will be cutting Target tm's out of electronics all together and having Target mobile run it. The two target team members will probably also be tasked to do other things on the sales floor.

Target Mobile Team Member here - one or two stores in my district are getting the EE layout, but mine is not one of them. Here is what my DM had to say about it...

"It is an exciting time within Target Mobile as Target Corporation has reached out to us once again to staff the new upcoming Electronic Experience Stores that will be opening over the next few months. The program is to staff the electronics section with Target Mobile team members with the assistance of Target Team members. To be more clear on what our staffing model looks like, we will have a Manager which will be a salaried position working 45 hours a week approximately. We will have an Assistant Manager, a Wireless Team Lead, one Full Time Team Member and three Part Time Team Members. Target will supply two team members to be in electronics as well.
This project costs target ¼ of a million dollars per store."

It sounds like they will be cutting Target tm's out of electronics all together and having Target mobile run it. The two target team members will probably also be tasked to do other things on the sales floor.

Not according to my knowledge. At least they're not paying us to do it.

So, basically it's like a whack ass version of Best Buy?

I swear they're trying to be too many stores at once.

The health reset last year where they got all the blue signs above the shelves reminds me of CVS.

This definitely looks like Best Buy. TBH, I love it.
lol and the new transcend beauty looks like a Sephora (from what I've heard from several team members... I've never actually be in one lol...)

We just finished our electronics department. In the past we had 1 target mobile person working , now we have 4 or 5 at a time! they brought in new people from elsewhere and it seems like most of the time we dont even have an electronics tm back there. target mobile is always responding to calls

The health reset last year where they got all the blue signs above the shelves reminds me of CVS.

lol and the new transcend beauty looks like a Sephora (from what I've heard from several team members... I've never actually be in one lol...)

sephora-new-york.jpg

Yeah, I can see how Transcend Beauty got they inspiration from Sephora. I don't care though.

sephora-new-york.jpg

Yeah, I can see how Transcend Beauty got they inspiration from Sephora. I don't care though.
Yeah I like the looks of these last two transitions for us (Electronics then Beauty)..

Yeah, see, the problem is that
We just finished our electronics department. In the past we had 1 target mobile person working , now we have 4 or 5 at a time! they brought in new people from elsewhere and it seems like most of the time we dont even have an electronics tm back there. target mobile is always responding to calls

And the axe just comes closer and closer.

We had a slight transition, not the whole thing, it looks really good. We still have 1 maybe 2 target mobile people at once. They are helpful, but they don't run the department.

Anyone have a Target Mobile up front? They are supposed to take Beats and IPads with them up there. That's a blow to the actual electronics department. Anyone have pics?

So I actually work in an EE store and got the set in October of 2013. At first it was great 3 Target mobile team members who assisted the two to three spot team members working in the department at any given time. Come after Christmas time the hours got slashed and now we have one to two team members at most at a time, and mobile has been cut to a tm and manager. On the upside our department sales were up 30% for Q4 2013 and have been busier than ever. One new position created from the remodel is the electronics expert who is assigned to only help guests throughout their shift. They receive a 2 dollar pay increase versus electronics team members. Feel free to ask me other questions id be happy to answer.

So I actually work in an EE store and got the set in October of 2013. At first it was great 3 Target mobile team members who assisted the two to three spot team members working in the department at any given time. Come after Christmas time the hours got slashed and now we have one to two team members at most at a time, and mobile has been cut to a tm and manager. On the upside our department sales were up 30% for Q4 2013 and have been busier than ever. One new position created from the remodel is the electronics expert who is assigned to only help guests throughout their shift. They receive a 2 dollar pay increase versus electronics team members. Feel free to ask me other questions id be happy to answer.
Was the electronics tm prime time?

What do you mean by prime time? As if we are more important post remodel? Well, we are held to the same standards as prior to the remodel (zoning toys and electronics and still have to work pulls and strays), and the team did not change from before either. We did have one GSA who decided to escape the lanes to become an electronics expert. As far as if the team post remodel was more tech savvy than before, again things didn't change much. Luckily most of our team is pretty passionate and knowledgeable about electronics.

What do you mean by prime time? As if we are more important post remodel? Well, we are held to the same standards as prior to the remodel (zoning toys and electronics and still have to work pulls and strays), and the team did not change from before either. We did have one GSA who decided to escape the lanes to become an electronics expert. As far as if the team post remodel was more tech savvy than before, again things didn't change much. Luckily most of our team is pretty passionate and knowledgeable about electronics.
I was referring to the electronics expert. Sorry for the confusion.

Hardlinesmaster,

The electronics experts are both pretty knowledgeable and together have about 8 years of service with spot. I think these individuals were selected more for their guest service abilities than knowledgeability with electronics which is important because they work solely with guests on a daily basis. They really only work on the weekends and Thursdays during peak hours to supplement the team and are still scheduled in other work centers and as electronics tm's on occasion. It also should be mentioned that these individuals are being paid by corporate as part of a pilot program. As a whole they are not necessarily the focus of electronics as the rest of the electronics team must service the rest of the guests in the department and must still have a decent knowledge base of the stuff being sold. Hopefully this answers your question!

Hardlinesmaster,

The electronics experts are both pretty knowledgeable and together have about 8 years of service with spot. I think these individuals were selected more for their guest service abilities than knowledgeability with electronics which is important because they work solely with guests on a daily basis. They really only work on the weekends and Thursdays during peak hours to supplement the team and are still scheduled in other work centers and as electronics tm's on occasion. It also should be mentioned that these individuals are being paid by corporate as part of a pilot program. As a whole they are not necessarily the focus of electronics as the rest of the electronics team must service the rest of the guests in the department and must still have a decent knowledge base of the stuff being sold. Hopefully this answers your question!
It does. We don't have those folks at my store.

The new beauty thing only looks good from afar. The lights are way too bright.

Speaking of beauty does anyone have a beauty consierge at their store or someone assigned to a position called mom and baby expert? Also has anyone gotten the chance to use a my device which is an iPod touch with a scanner attached to it designed by Honeywell? These all might be pilots but I wanted to see if they rolled them out yet.

Back when they started the beauty concierge, one of target's twitter accounts tweeted that it was in select stores. We have it, but I've only ever seen the girl there once, and she wasn't even wearing a good face soo, I probably wouldn't have asked her anything. We don't have a baby expert or the ipod thing, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back