Archived So Today a Sales Floor TM asked me why the BR/Flow Team Members are so dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But to imply that we don't do work (cause that's the vibe I'm getting from your OP) is a gross understatement. I miss not having to worry about my appearance.

I remember unloading my SB pallet on many occasions & coming back to an area with hot machinery so I was rarely 'fresh as a rose', hence all the time spent 'FIFOing in the freezer.
I may have smelled like a sweathog but damn, my freezer looked GOOD.

See you should have been the biggest smartass and gone "Dirty in what way?"
tumblr_mqewt46QAx1rikbxjo5_250.gif

Flow is an anagram for fowl, which is a homophone for foul. Thus, flow ~ foul.

You don't realize how much dirt and grime I get on me when I'm jumping on the mound of trash flow throws in and jams the compactor with.
Nor the dirt and grime the baler makes when I'm making the bale that backroom won't make.
Or the goop that drips on me when I'm emptying the QMOS bin that FDC Logistics didn't empty.
Or the pile of sugar that flow didn't sweep up when they ripped open a bag.
And I definitely don't sweat when bringing in carts because we don't have the payroll to have a CA before 2pm.
And I come out smelling like roses when I have to scrub the cooler floors even though backroom is the one that drops cartons of milk and containers of yogurt.

I absolutely loved throwing truck.. I consider it a delight compared to my usual SF duties.

ETLs just had me get in the compactor so obviously I'm gonna smell like shit. I can shower and 30 minutes into work I'm a sweaty pig. We have no ac and all our fans were turned off by the DTL.

I've lost so many pairs of pants when working the trucks. One incident I remember was working in the truck and one of the guys dropped a TV box, causing all this powered detergent to explode. I had detergent in my eyes, hair and I was covered head to toe.

I've lost so many pairs of pants when working the trucks. One incident I remember was working in the truck and one of the guys dropped a TV box, causing all this powered detergent to explode. I had detergent in my eyes, hair and I was covered head to toe.
So THAT'S why we have that eye washing station on the dock!

ETLs just had me get in the compactor so obviously I'm gonna smell like shit. I can shower and 30 minutes into work I'm a sweaty pig. We have no ac and all our fans were turned off by the DTL.
why would they turn off the fans?!! , same thing in our store , no fans or A/C and all the overhead doors are shut

I was once in the electronic lockup that had 3 days of bs piled up. It was so hot I only wore a tank top rolled up my pants and had a bloody nose from the heat. Some district AP walked in and the heat blasted her in the face. I said "Its fucking hot back here". She did a 180 and I never saw her again. One time the heater was blasting during the summer time in the hba aisle. I started backstocking in just a t shirt and my ETL-LOG wanted to coach me for no name tag.

I got to use a giant stick one time in the compactor. And a broken dyson vaccum to smash the stuff. I was just happy there weren't any raccoons in there that day

It would be nice if flow team showered every month or so.

...and this is yet another reason why flow gets a bad rap... people who've never been in their shoes making ridiculous insulting comments.
I've worked everything in overnight logistics (flow/backroom/truck, etc)...and I shower daily and wear deodorant.
We have some stinky people on our crew and that happens sometimes with hard physical labor.
Just because you see dirty, stinky people sometimes....don't stereotype us all.
Maybe thank them for all their hard work in a position at Target you choose not to do.
Why be so condescending? Are you always perfect? Do you never sweat when doing physical labor?
Have you ever gotten dirty and sweaty performing a task outside of work? Maybe in sports, working out, etc.?

Should I find some way to insult you or your work center?
Should I stereotype you in some way?
Should I make snide, condescending comments about you or you cleanliness habits?

Naa... I wouldn't want to be THAT person....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back