Archived Social Media Push?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from seeing work people on okcupid unintentionally, I'd never. I looked up new leadership on LinkedIn lol, but I would never want to connect with management people outside of work.

Aside from seeing work people on okcupid unintentionally, I'd never. I looked up new leadership on LinkedIn lol, but I would never want to connect with management people outside of work.
Our ETLs and TLs forget about things like geolocation and privacy settings. The simple things, really.

Haha. I tested out facebooks graph search by putting "people who work at target in [location]" and apparently a lot of people at my store just don't care about being found easily. I refuse to even like tgt on Facebook. I certainly wouldn't list it as my job without making it invisible to strangers at the very least (I don't list it at all)

I think its not a terrible idea if executed properly. Making a private store Facebook Group wouldn't be horrendous, considering you could share information with each other (out of sight from Guests/Public), and you wouldn't have to friend everyone. Might be some worries about it constituting "working off the clock" though I'm sure.

Social Media in your store is only going to work as good as the store does. If you have a great team, should be no problem. If you have a problematic team, I would NOT friend anyone or get involved in Social Media....

No matter how friendly a "team" is - it only takes ONE newcomer in a position of authority or not to change that in a hurry.

And pressure from corporate can 'force' even the nicest ETLs or TLs to enforce any company policy they bark out if they can't afford to lose their jobs.

The real question people must ask themselves is how much do you trust Target Corp. to have respect for their employees' best interests?

I wouldn't want a hug from any of our GSTLs. Some of the cashiers on the other hand.....

Must be nice to be an STL or above. The concerts looked fun, not so much the "10% club" and all that other junk I saw on twitter.

I'm a happy camper. Just read online Toms will partner with Target sometime in November. They are a socially aware company that has donated shoes for every shoe sold. Can't wait to see what we will carry. I think Target will do well. This is exactly what we need to do. It's not high end and everyday people can afford to shop.

Oh my bloody elune, pls for the luv of the earth mother tell me that is not Taylor Swift playing for the big red monkey? our hours are getting sliced an diced and the biggest bunch of tools are getting a concert??

rant over

but yeah that makes all the more sense now………

I saw a tweet about "endless aisles." I don't know what that is but I bet it's not good.

MR BONES WILD RIDE: THE ZONE NEVER ENDS.

The latest posts with #FNM2014 are saying Taylor swift performed today.
And Jaime Fox and Coldplay.

Oh my bloody elune, pls for the luv of the earth mother tell me that is not Taylor Swift playing for the big red monkey? our hours are getting sliced an diced and the biggest bunch of tools are getting a concert??

rant over

but yeah that makes all the more sense now………

Not all STLs are tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back