Archived Softlines Brand TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently informed that the Softlines Brand TM position would be available for my store.

Does anyone have current/past experience with this? I have a basic idea of what it involves, but I'd like more info before I decide whether or not to apply for it.

Shoes brand tm info:
Was a shoe brand TM for a few years. Worked great when we were given the time/hours to deal with the department. I always focused on displays - fact tags and proper signing and only ONE pair of shoes (the correct ones mind) over each fact tag - and salesplanners (endcaps and step downs being set properly). Plano is supposed to set your aisles. I kept an eye on the backroom and new set dates. When you're getting a horde of boxes coming off the trucks marked with a specific date that's a reset. When you see that it's a good idea to check in with your plano TL and see when they plan on setting the aisles in your dept. If your softlines TL is smart she/he will schedule you to work the shifts in which plano is setting so you can be on hand to make sure all the signing is done right and clearance is properly handled and so you know if/when they don't finish and where exactly they left off. In our store they will set salesplanners and end caps too but its better if you can do it - if you are given the time - because it means that plano will finish more of your aisles that way

The fact is that someone in the closing team should be addressing the zone every night. So you shouldn't JUST be zoning up the place all the time. In between display fixing and salesplanners and overseeing resets I would methodically pick a different dept or section or aisle every shift to zone correctly. Granted we do NOT worry about sizing being over the right size marker. I have always smart flexed within a brand stripe with the smallest shoe on top and the largest on bottom and every space filled. Also, make sure in long boot season that all your boots are standing up with inserts. It's generally a pet peeve with most DTLs that boots stand up straight and do not flop over.

Tying shoes to plano is fairly simple. Do you have a map of the shoe dept? If not, get one from the plano TL. The dept map will show you how every section is labeled so that you will know what goes where. For example "D96 Stacked 3" is a specific location in the shoe dept. which you can see on the map. You tie the plano by the aisle the map shows and with the section where the plano begins. You can do this easily with a MyDevice by putting the POG number in the search bar. Hit search and it will give you a highlighted "tie". Hit that "tie" and it will ask you the aisle number. In our store shoes is "J" so the main aisle would be J1.... so I tell it for the "main aisle" J1 and hit next. It will then ask what section. Since the main aisle takes up the whole first aisle I would say 1 for the section (because thats where it starts) and hit next. At that point it will ask you if it is okay to untie the previous POG. You tell it "yes" and then it will send a batch to the backroom. Unfortunately you still need a PDA to pull a batch so work with the backroom for that part. On my map "D96 stacked 3" is usually on the second aisle but it doesn't start at section one (remember that every 4 foot is a section which is measured by the length of a shelf). It may start at section 4... so I would put in the POG number, hit tie, tell it J2 for the aisle and 4 for the section and so on...
Thanks!
Rightarm

You could be working for visual merch leader too:
I encourage you all to go to workbench and read the new information they've released on the position.. it really clears up a ton of confusion . We own brand areas.. meaning beauty, accessories, home, SEASONAL PTM only, shoes, and mannequins. Visual adjacancies do still fall under the softlines team lead... however the vml should dress and audit the mannequins. It should be a partnership .. but in no way will the vml completely take that responsibility . AlsoI was told by the hr vp that the MBTM are now officially style team. They are under the vml while of course softlines team members are still under the softlines tl. It's best practice for the them to be on alternate weekends so they can partner and pick up the "slack" from each other if need be; although softlines is only maybe 30% of the job .

Fashiongurl

My store has brand TM's in softlines for jewelry/accessories and shoes. I was in shoes and I was only given 4 hours a week for this role. I'd super zone, pull stuff from the back to fill holes, use the research function to update counts, set end caps, etc. It's a little tricky since the position falls under the VML, but it's a softlines zone. I always got more direcion from the Softlines TL just because she's been at my store a lot longer and knew what she wanted done.

I was under the impression that MBTMs and BTMs were different positions. BTMs still answer to their respective TLs, while the MBTMs are on the VML's team. That's how my store does it anyway.

Run the other way. Avoid softlines at all cost. Its a trap if you ever want to move up ;p.
Merchandising Brand is a generic term that represents a dedicated team member role that in this case would either be apparel and accessories which usually handles tables brand as well as a few other areas as determined by store. If it states shoes brand team member or similar you'll most likely be helping maintain the shoes department as your core area as well as assist in other softlines areas.

I was under the impression that MBTMs and BTMs were different positions. BTMs still answer to their respective TLs, while the MBTMs are on the VML's team. That's how my store does it anyway.

That's how it is at my store. I'm a MBTM and I answer to my VML. TLs and ETLs know that I don't have to push the line or do go backs until my task is done for the day. Based on my core roles, I have to make sure end caps, focals and moments are merchandised properly before I do 'normal' sales floor duties. I also have a 'tiny' leadership role if my VML or the TL isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back