Archived Softlines Fitting Rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lik3wh0a

Team Member
Hey guys! So I checked the schedule and apparently i'm scheduled for fitting rooms all week. I was shown the "gist" of fitting rooms, but haven't had a chance to actually work the fitting room...I was just wondering what are the key points in working the fitting, like multitasking with guests, putting clothes back on the rack, answering the phones ( which is one of my biggest worries because I don't know the departments ). Any info would be awesome! Thanks all!

Hey I see you have your city listed as your location, you might not want to do that! :)

It really depends on your store. Some stores have the softlines person stay at the desk all day, no matter what, to answer phones, and count guests' items as they go into the fitting rooms. At my store, our softlines person is frequently out and about pushing reshop and zoning, especially during close because we only ever have one person in softlines. Our phones are set up to ring at guest service simultaneously, so whoever gets to it first answers it. If you're ever not sure what to tell a guest on the phone, you can tell the guest "let me check for you" and just put them on hold. It happens, it's not a big deal.

Thanks for the heads up! I got it fixed :laugh4:

Yeah at our store we have someone stay in the fitting room and count the guests and answer phones. I guess I'm just nervous that I'm gonna mess somewhere in between lol...but it's all a learning experience!

You WILL mess up. Everyone messes up! I've been with the company four years and I still make mistakes. Almost everything is fixable, and you can always apologize. Do your best to not accidentally hang up on people though, lol. Always be willing to ask questions! That's the only way you'll learn. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back