Archived Softlines Team! Do your TL's ever check up on you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I'm a pretty new member of this site and have been working at Target as a softlines TM for 8 months now. I've also noticed that all the TL's (hardlines and softlines) in my store tend to leave softlines to themselves while only really speaking to the hardlines team. It gets kind of annoying when we need help with something, but it's also refreshing not being hovered over all the time. Does this happen to other softlines teams or is it just my store?

Hello all, I'm a pretty new member of this site and have been working at Target as a softlines TM for 8 months now. I've also noticed that all the TL's (hardlines and softlines) in my store tend to leave softlines to themselves while only really speaking to the hardlines team. It gets kind of annoying when we need help with something, but it's also refreshing not being hovered over all the time. Does this happen to other softlines teams or is it just my store?

In my store at least this would probably be because softlines doesn't necessarily have the extra projects hardlines might get throughout the day. Hardlines might have to be directed to fill blown endcaps, things like that, but that isn't usually an issue for softlines (at my store). It could also be that at your store the softlines team is good about prioritizing and executing what needs to be done with less direction.

I've also noticed that all the TL's (hardlines and softlines) in my store tend to leave softlines to themselves while only really speaking to the hardlines team.
Wait, why is the softlines TL worried about the hardlines team?

The softlines TL in my store works in softlines and gives direction to his team, although most of the time they do the same things each day. When he's LOD he will also give direction to other teams, but never ignores softlines.

I've been getting 40 hrs/wk in SL and sometimes go weeks without speaking to my TLs, lol. I'll speak to the ETL SF a couple times a week but that's mostly when things are going rough for the department (we have the new rollout).

LODs spend more time in SL than Starbucks, for sure, lol. I find that most LODs aren't familiar with SL (or sbux) and don't feel comfortable/competent following up. There is a definite correlation between comfort level and face time in a department.

Most TM are afraid of softlines. Seriously when the call box for infant furniture goes, electronics will acknowledge the box and call for SL TM. 99% of the they just want to know if an item is in stock. It makes me crazy!! Also in my store the SL team knows exactly what is expected and almost ways delivers!!

LODs spend more time in SL than Starbucks, for sure, lol. I find that most LODs aren't familiar with SL (or sbux) and don't feel comfortable/competent following up. There is a definite correlation between comfort level and face time in a department.

This, when I was a PA the only LOD's who would ever do the PFresh Walk were our Sr. TLs. This because they were more experienced than their Bosses.

I always said thank you when they did, because it showed me some actually cared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back