Archived softlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, long time lurker here :D but recently i got the opportunity to cross train in soft lines. I've been a cashier/Guest service tm for the past year so i'm excited to get off the front end for a bit. I have my first training shift coming up and i was wondering if all you softlines people can tell me what it's like, tips, and such:)

Hey all, long time lurker here :D but recently i got the opportunity to cross train in soft lines. I've been a cashier/Guest service tm for the past year so i'm excited to get off the front end for a bit. I have my first training shift coming up and i was wondering if all you softlines people can tell me what it's like, tips, and such:)
First thing I can tell you..... There is ALWAYS something to do ! If you see a SL TM standing around talking, they're doing something wrong ! :( It's never a dull moment in Softlines. You'll always have Guests to meet/ greet. Some of them want your assistance; others prefer to shop on their own. But, to keep busy, you'll always be doing go-backs (items from the Fitting Room and items from GS returns) throughout your entire shift. You'll be zoning (reorganizing, sizing, folding) the department throughout your entire shift. There's always going to be merchandise that's fallen onto the ground...... pick it up/put it back. (Clearance areas are notorious for merch on the ground.) There's always going to be "foreign" items in your department.... collect them and eventually you'll have enough to take back to GS (or however your store handles that). Sometimes you'll push an Infant HL pull during your shift. And just when you think you've done everything, always partner w/ your TL, the LOD, or a "seasoned" TM to find out what else you can do.

Honestly if any ™ is standing around they're not doing their job right. Cashier should be zoning and or pulling candy (ASANTS) and GSTMs always have plenty to do, they can greet guests as well (ASANTS).

ASANTS. At my store, there is only so much zoning a cashier can do and when it's done, it's done. So if it's a slow day, there is definitely some standing around.

As for Softlines, make a plan. I like to do the abandon first and then zone. Typically I get BGI when I work softlines so I circle through infants first, then move to boys and finish with girls. The tables are definitely the most time-consuming but visually are really important to keep tidy. We are always told to work the aisles first because of that visual piece and then go inward.

Pray you don't get stuck in shoes.

Anelmi-- at my store you can always do bullseye and push GCs and candy so there's never standing around cashiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back