Archived Softlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
You suck. Stop taking all night to do your zones and abandoned. You're holding up everyone else who works their asses off to get their zones done in a timely manner. We shouldn't have to help you because you slack all night. I'm in Electronics...I help guests with TVs, Ipads, stereo systems, and many more things while doing my zone...AND I still have time to do half of Toys afterwards. I work my ass off to try to get out near closing time and softlines would rather chit chat and wait until everyone else is done to do all of their work...And its not just abandoned but folding clothes too, its just ridiculous

Anyone else have this problem????

Not trying to defend slackers, but folding a tables takes more time than zoning an aisle of electronics or toys or anything in hardlines really. Imagine if domestics was 40 aisles of towels. Wouldn't that take you longer than toys?

That said, softlines does seem to spend an inordinate amount of time at the fitting room chatting at each of the stores I've worked at.

Oh I agree, I was just giving the Target times. I'll knock a rack out in no time, finger spacing and all. I skip the tables, **** folding shirts. I'll go do the panty bins or sweep or backup cashier or something.

Besides my usual Electronics, Entertainment, and Luggage, I also zone Infant Gondolas whenever I close

Folding shirts is my forte. I can d@mn near exceed spot's time.
The only thing that slows me down is someone picking through the stacks. A foul-enough look usually shoos them off.

That said, softlines does seem to spend an inordinate amount of time at the fitting room chatting at each of the stores I've worked at.

This happens at my store too! And people wonder why we always have to do softlines re-shop for smart huddle!

I think a certain hardlines team member needs to have a shift in softlines.. It's not that easy on the carpet!

This! Unless you've worked a night (god forbid it happen to be Fri, Sat, or Sunday, or worse, a holiday) you will never know what all goes into keeping it brand. When you get your reshop from Guest Service, you just put it out right? Well, guess what? Softlines has to process nearly everything! Almost everything has to be either folded, hung, have it's buttons re-done, zipper zipped up, etc, etc. That is a lot different than scanning your item, seeing the location, and placing it back on the shelf. Heck, softlines hanging isn't even located! You just have to know where it goes.

Flow team constantly overstuffs our tables and I would like to see you zone a table where they stacked it to the roof and a guest came, pulled a shirt out of the bottom, and now 20 shirts are all over the floor + table. How about trying to wiggle a hanger with a dress into it's spot since flow team overstuffed that too to the point where it's even unshoppable? Or the clearance racks, where it's a savage free for all, with clothes ALL over the floor. I'd like to see you over in shoes where guests simply drop the shoe on the floor, wiggle their foot into it, decide they don't like it, and simply walk off. From what I have seen, hardlines doesn't end up with many things on the floor in comparison to softlines. You think it doesn't take time to pick it up and either put it back, or take it to the fitting room for it to be processed again?

Honestly, OP should feel lucky and thankful he doesn't work in softlines, because almost everything that occurs there is enough to drive a person bat**** crazy.

This happens at my store too! And people wonder why we always have to do softlines re-shop for smart huddle!

Your store is lucky. At my store, no one helps soft lines. They leave us on our own even after Christmas when we had 20+ baskets and 2 team members there to push it. But they did celebrate after getting hardlines out chiming that "reshop is all done guys, good job! thanks for helping!"

This happens at my store, but I agree that SL is harder. I am just not a fan of wave, whether its HL or SL or flow. Too much talking and too much slacking while someone else does the work.

Wait, you guys help softlines!? We're usually more understaffed than hardlines, usually no more than two closers, but we've never been helped. We start our tables/zone 3 or 4 hours before closing though. No one ever stays past 11, except on the occasion that someone's scheduled 'til 11:15 or 11:30. Everyone on the floor usually is clocking out by 11:01 though. Most tables are gonna take more than 3 minutes to fold. We haven't had any "smart huddles" since 2012, but they were never in softlines. If there's no time for perfection, we make sure the main aisles look good and there's nothing on the floor or thrown over a rack.

We don't do that staying after closing nonsense. The front-end people stay if there's a guest.

Wait, you guys help softlines!? We're usually more understaffed than hardlines, usually no more than two closers, but we've never been helped. We start our tables/zone 3 or 4 hours before closing though. No one ever stays past 11, except on the occasion that someone's scheduled 'til 11:15 or 11:30. Everyone on the floor usually is clocking out by 11:01 though. Most tables are gonna take more than 3 minutes to fold. We haven't had any "smart huddles" since 2012, but they were never in softlines. If there's no time for perfection, we make sure the main aisles look good and there's nothing on the floor or thrown over a rack.

We don't do that staying after closing nonsense. The front-end people stay if there's a guest.

At my store we are all scheduled till one hour after we close except for cashiers. after that we get everything done, if HL finishes their zone and reshop they help SL and vice verse. but like the OP our SL team spends more time chit chatting then helping I often go over to check on them and they are gathered around a rack talking, not folding tables or even moving, just talking. :) they probably hate me cause im always checking on them and making them get to work

I work Electronics and we zone Electronics, Entertainment, Toys, Automotive, Sporting Goods, and Home Improvement.
I usually run back and forth, from one end of the store to the other, since I'll be zoning then all of a sudden a guest needs help with cameras.
I spend ridiculous amounts of time with guests as well but I still finish my zone and reshop before softlines. Oh and we only have one Electronics TM for closing, as opposed to softlines who have 3-4 Closers (including the operator).

I really want to work in softlines just to see what it's like.

OP: Do you zone toys? or is that for hardlines?

I think a certain hardlines team member needs to have a shift in softlines.. It's not that easy on the carpet!

This! Unless you've worked a night (god forbid it happen to be Fri, Sat, or Sunday, or worse, a holiday) you will never know what all goes into keeping it brand. When you get your reshop from Guest Service, you just put it out right? Well, guess what? Softlines has to process nearly everything! Almost everything has to be either folded, hung, have it's buttons re-done, zipper zipped up, etc, etc. That is a lot different than scanning your item, seeing the location, and placing it back on the shelf. Heck, softlines hanging isn't even located! You just have to know where it goes.

Flow team constantly overstuffs our tables and I would like to see you zone a table where they stacked it to the roof and a guest came, pulled a shirt out of the bottom, and now 20 shirts are all over the floor + table. How about trying to wiggle a hanger with a dress into it's spot since flow team overstuffed that too to the point where it's even unshoppable? Or the clearance racks, where it's a savage free for all, with clothes ALL over the floor. I'd like to see you over in shoes where guests simply drop the shoe on the floor, wiggle their foot into it, decide they don't like it, and simply walk off. From what I have seen, hardlines doesn't end up with many things on the floor in comparison to softlines. You think it doesn't take time to pick it up and either put it back, or take it to the fitting room for it to be processed again?

Honestly, OP should feel lucky and thankful he doesn't work in softlines, because almost everything that occurs there is enough to drive a person bat**** crazy.

Your store is lucky. At my store, no one helps soft lines. They leave us on our own even after Christmas when we had 20+ baskets and 2 team members there to push it. But they did celebrate after getting hardlines out chiming that "reshop is all done guys, good job! thanks for helping!"

You must be in my former store, we always have to help hardlines and softlines always has to fend for themselves. If the LOD felt like we had one too many closers, they'd immediately have that person work hardlines, and that was usually me, since I was crosstrained.

You must be in my former store, we always have to help hardlines and softlines always has to fend for themselves. If the LOD felt like we had one too many closers, they'd immediately have that person work hardlines, and that was usually me, since I was crosstrained.

At my store, if hardlines team is finished, we come over to softlines & help them out in all areas. We don't do reshop, because it would take too long.

Softlines never gets any help at my store. Their expectations have gotten out of hand for the small team we're given. I'd love to get some hardlines people to help me size all these tables and walk in circles to find the hanging stuff. Or then can try and sort clothing as it goes in twice as fast as you can hang. Psh.

Certain areas in SL are rough and certain areas are a joke.
Certain areas in HL are rough and certain areas are a joke.
SLTMs hang out at the fitting room and talk.
HLTMs hang out at the boat and talk.
HL helps SL in the warmer months.
SL helps HL in the colder months.
Notice a pattern?

Stop flexing every freaking table. Stop overstocking every single shelf. Staff the fitting room and put away the "unwanteds" as they are handed back to you. Pick up your reshop every hour and actually put it away. Set your planograms correctly and put the labels up so they are actually useful instead of crammed 3-4 in a label holder. I've worked both hardlines and softlines. One isn't easier than the other, but hardlines is much more organized which makes it a more organized zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back