Archived some things I'd like to tell my VERY young new ETL-HL

Status
Not open for further replies.
when the company sat you down and told you all that crap about how being an ETL was only a paperwork position,

and you would spend most of your time at your desk,

and that you only had to spend 18-24 months driving an hour to that store that is too far from your cozy house(before you get promoted again and transferred)

and that you didn't actually have to learn anything about what actually happens in a store (your job is to be a jerk to the hardest workers in the store)

and that you could pick and choose which positions you would like to hold (cause you wouldn't want to have to do anything hard)

um, 'whispering' it was all a smoke and mirrors game.

It's not true. Just saying.

Doesn't sound like mine is quite as bad as what Annie has been stuck with.
At least the HR-ETL kid I have will bust out with the sweat work when needed.
Sorry you've been stuck with such a dud Annie.

there's so much more - but it would definitely identify me.

I sort of told him to grow up, and quit drinking the kool-aid the other day.

He's been pretty quiet around me, but is causing issues in places he doesn't even know how to spell.

Feel better, Annie? Commie had one etl like that too.
http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/2638

thanks for the reminder, I shed a tear reading this. It very closely describes our situation at our store.
It seems like when we get to talking about work, we all really do work in the same place - just different locations.

we actually have several new young ones, first job, stars in their eyes, lack the respect of the team and can't figure out why.

There's a veritable wave of them washing across the landscape. We're getting our 3rd noob (for another dept) in a 3 month period so we're going in Q4 with half our ETLs wet behind the ears.

same here they walk around with carts and there etl papers and stuff if they are lucky they have a lpda or pda they bark orders and don't care what the issue is just get it done ( if you have the right tools fixtures). oh i am an etl i am bigger than you kinda attitude i am older than all of my etls and its sad that i have more brains than they do and i don't have a college degree.

in spot as long as you have a 4 year degree in something you are fit to be an etl in a department or run a store its sad our etls some of them have degrees unrelated to retail or management but they are working here

I hear you and raise one more. How about a store where the ETL - HR wants to be an STL like yesterday and acts more like an STL than an ETL-HR. As such she acts more like it is Corporate Resources than Human Resources. Plus, negative zero people skills. Oh and add to that that 95% of all our team leads and ETL's are 25 or younger! I feel like I am at a Day Care Center.

isn't there a rule that at least one LOD always has to you know actually be on duty? it seems like every other day all the etls go sit at their super special cool kid table in the break room and ignore their walkies while they eat lunch. One time they tried to tell me I couldn't be on break because they needed more cashiers on the check lanes. The one time they tried to do this to me I quite politely reminded them that I will be finishing my 30 minute meal break that is mandated by state law which they weren't too happy about.

same here they walk around with carts and there etl papers and stuff if they are lucky they have a lpda or pda they bark orders and don't care what the issue is just get it done ( if you have the right tools fixtures). oh i am an etl i am bigger than you kinda attitude i am older than all of my etls and its sad that i have more brains than they do and i don't have a college degree.

in spot as long as you have a 4 year degree in something you are fit to be an etl in a department or run a store its sad our etls some of them have degrees unrelated to retail or management but they are working here

Your ETL's can write e-mails that make more sense than what you just posted, which is why they are ETL's.
That Business Writing 101 class at University of Pheonix might have been worth it

Lord, I SWEAR you're at my store....

Then you're both at my store. All of the good etls got transferred out, and of the new crop, there is one that helps out. There is one in particular though that barks orders and has unrealistic expectations about what should get done, but literally hasn't the first clue about how anything in the store actually gets done. Last night she FUBAR'd everything by giving out orders that made no sense or were wastes of time. (She expected breaks to be covered by people that left hours prior, she told produce to check the back for an item three times that we obviously didn't have, etc.).

lucky for my state we have a law where you have to punch out before a specific time otherwise you will be in compliance. when i first started there was no rule so we took 30s whenever we wanted to now that we have to punch out before x hour they dont say anything unless we are like 15 minutes until compliance they start barking u need to punch out... and our time clocks at my store wont let us punch back in until 30 minutes is up unless the timeclock is offline then u have to make sure u are truley coming back after 30 minutes or u get docked for a short meal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back