Archived something to think about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
a relative told me the reason why Target treats its workers so bad and most of stay and tolerate it,, is because we need the $$.
BUT this passage should help workers put a positive spin on leaving:

"If you are being targeted for mistreatment then leave. It is the only sane solution, even if it means taking a lesser job.
Don’t sit around waiting for things to get better.
Don’t tolerate the behavior.
Don’t believe that your manager or HR will help.
LEAVE now and find a better life!!
Don’t consider it losing or being pushed around.
Consider it winning a battle and escaping. You are getting away from a horrible person as in “I had to quit my last job because my coworker/boss/manager was a psycho/terrible person/lying gossip.”
Stop using the word “bullied” as it’s a victim word. Empower yourself. You are leaving a job due your coworker/boss/manager and their mental health issues/weird, unprofessional behavior/sociopathic personality.
LEAVE! Get away. Divorce your job. You deserve a better life." peace out....

Target does not treat all of its workers bad just the majority of them and the reason that they get away with it is because most people tolerate it,your relative is right ,eightrats.

I don't think Target treats employees badly. There might be TM's or TL's who make things difficult but Target as a corporation is damn good to work for.

If you're being treated in a manner that is against policy then you can go over their head. If you're doing your job and being treated like crap, you can go over their head. There are resources to protect TM's.

If you want to quit that's your right but it's hard to learn anything without adversity. Life has challenges, they make us stronger, they teach us things about ourselves.

Every retailer knows how to work its employees with minimal resources...that's the nature of retail.

Now Target can come up with some pretty inventive things to minimize resources and push for numbers. Headcounts, eliminating ETL-HRs, Red Card Conversions....the list can go on.

But its really store management and how things pushed down, and how store politics are played that make working Target or actually any retail impossible.

don't think Target treats employees badly. There might be TM's or TL's who make things difficult but Target as a corporation is damn good to work for.

I would second this. Target has one of the most inclusive cultures I have ever seen. The steps they take to protect trangender, minority, female and criminal history tms is impressive.

There are a lot of things they could do better but I never felt like I worked for Walmart who really could not care less about their employees

No one at Spot has ever treated me badly... knock wood.

Spot likes it's multi genders, it's previously convicteds and whoever else breezes thru the door but watch your birthdays. ;)
Asants.

August will be three years. If it was gonna happen, it woulda already happened.

I thought nothing would've happened after seven years.
There's still time.

HR Zone,,,maybe Target should start paying attention to iis work environment. you may have a great store but it wasn't the case with the one I was at....when I started I had no idea what the culture was all about but soon,, I found a store that had huge lack of training,, two faced management and a lack of team culture...also here is a recent google review of my local store: "bathroom worst I have ever seen in a target. staff not engaged in their jobs at all. walked by 2 staff stocking shelves having personal conversations with profane language. disappointed. In addition, the staff rarely smiles or acknowledges you when you're in the store, (with some exceptions). They frequently block the aisles with large carts so they can restock. They never offer to move, but instead seem to expect the customers to move. So considerate when customers are pushing double strollers. I'm glad they're re-stocking, but they should be considering their customers' convenience, not that of the staff."

one more thing,,, if Target is so great,,, then why are there tons of negative youtube videos and of course the Target Sucks website..???

one more thing,,, if Target is so great,,, then why are there tons of negative youtube videos and of course the Target Sucks website..???

I'm the last person to say that Target is'great' but your examples don't prove anything.
Target sucks is very much one person with an ax to grind.
This is not saying the information he gathers isn't true, just that the existence of the site isn't proof.
As to YouTube, there are just as many if not more positive videos on Target as there are negative.
Here's the thing, Spot is a huge company that has made some major missteps in the past few years and has rather inconsistent ways of dealing with policy.
ASANTS really shouldn't be a thing when it comes down to enforcing the rules and handling important decisions but Spot has allowed it to become that way.
Still Spot has some good points, its openness to the LGBTQA and disabled communities for example.

YouTube: "...it's hot as piss inside those trucks son!"
Makes me laugh every time.

HR Zone,,,maybe Target should start paying attention to iis work environment. you may have a great store but it wasn't the case with the one I was at....

I am not saying your issues aren't real. Just saying I do think corporate genuinely wants to be inclusive

No! Only accept that if you try and see evidence that they will not help. This poor mentality is the reason crimes don't get reported and it creates a snowball effect. I'm all for moving on, but assumptions like these are a huge problem in today's world.

Amen.

to HR Zone poster,,, your above post is a reflection on the Target mentality esp TL and up,,, which is I got this position of power, all I really care about is my paycheck and the people below me are a dime a dozen and because of that I can say anything demeaning to them.. case in point,, this morning I was chatting briefly to a cashier at COSTCO who is in her 60's and has worked there for over 6 years.... she said she lasted only 6 months at Target,, because the management called her STUPID...maybe if she was transgender it would be whole different story...all I can say,, MS HRZone,, the customers are completely aware of what the culture is at Target,, and a lot of moving back to Walmart or shopping online...

MS HRZone
Boy, are you in for a surprise.
2672b258f518418088e720f490849fd5.png

Unless I've missed something.

Oh my god I've never thought into this at all but for some reason I always pictured HRZone as a female. *brain explodes*
Can't blame you there, HR is generally a female dominated career. But there's plenty of males.

my apology for calling HRZone a MS... I never expand on the avator... also,,, since Target does backflips for its Transgender customers does it really matter what anyone is called anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back