Archived Sometimes I feel like i'm not good enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last night my LOD wanted me to zone toys, since the TM who works there gets every sunday off. It was a mess like it always is on weekends. But after an hour+ I managed to zone it as well as i could and i thought it looked nice! Well, the first thing they said was that the toys werent on the diamonds. I was never trained to do that so sometimes I forget. But otherwise it was good, except 2 identical toys that looked the same and they said that it wasnt even in the right place (true, but it wasnt obvious at all. A small box with identical colors,etc.). I was so upset. All that work, for nothing. I want even told "its good, but please put the toys on the diamonds". No, 100% of the focus of the zoning critique was on the diamonds. Sometimes I feel like im not good enough. I try my best, my TMs like me and other LODs say I have a good attitude and even a guest said theyd do a reciept survey and mention me for excellent service. But still this is so frustrating that Im made to feel like this. Sorry for the rant had to get it out.

You really gotta learn to seperate self worth from job expectationz. It took me a long time and many suicidal days to get to a spor where an lod ripping me apart for one unfolded sweater I folded a million times that day was left in my zone. Just find a mantra that keepz your self worth your own and not based on their opinion. You know you did what you could and you did your best. What I tell myself is do better tomorrow. So tomorrow make it a focus wherever you are put to cover those pesky diamonds. Then you can work in your focus and double checking thoze annoying things that are only slightly different and seeing them put in the correct place.

Retail in general ALWAYS wants more with the least amount of payout to maximize profits. None of us matter. So its up to you to make sure you matter on your own level. Keep your chin up we minows keep swimmin no matter how many big sharks try to eat us.

Don't let that one negative voice be louder than all of the positive ones! That LOD is obviously not management trained because that isn't a professional conversation. Unfortunately T doesn't seem to train anyone, including tls! Shame on them!

You sound conscientious and diligent so you keep doing you!! :)

Continue to do your best and try not to let the LOD being an asshat get to you. LOD should have shown you how his/her highness wanted toys zoned and checked that you were doing it the way he/she wanted it done before leaving you alone for an hour. If you are lucky enough to have a zebra, you can scan the nearly identical toys to tell them apart and match the DPCI to the shelf label. LOD should have shown you that as well. Don’t let the LOD make you doubt yourself. At this point Target pushes everyone to do the impossible and appreciates no one or their efforts... it’s a damn shame how Spot has gone to the dogs. Good Luck🍀

Zoning toys is a 3 hour ordeal at my store. 2.5 for our best. If someone zoned it in an hour and the only hiccups were some stuff not quite pulled all the way forward and a single damn duplicate item I’d buy them a Starbucks 🙌🏻

So last night my LOD wanted me to zone toys, since the TM who works there gets every sunday off. It was a mess like it always is on weekends. But after an hour+ I managed to zone it as well as i could and i thought it looked nice! Well, the first thing they said was that the toys werent on the diamonds. I was never trained to do that so sometimes I forget. But otherwise it was good, except 2 identical toys that looked the same and they said that it wasnt even in the right place (true, but it wasnt obvious at all. A small box with identical colors,etc.). I was so upset. All that work, for nothing. I want even told "its good, but please put the toys on the diamonds". No, 100% of the focus of the zoning critique was on the diamonds. Sometimes I feel like im not good enough. I try my best, my TMs like me and other LODs say I have a good attitude and even a guest said theyd do a reciept survey and mention me for excellent service. But still this is so frustrating that Im made to feel like this. Sorry for the rant had to get it out.

Can you transfer to my store and zone toys every night? I'd love you. I come in an hour and a half before the store opens to work toys. If all I found were some diamond issues and a single item on the wrong peg, I'd immediately go to your ETL and tell them that you did an excellent job. At this point, I'm just happy if I don't come in to see product on the floor and a full cart of reshop to do. Your LOD is probably one of those who thinks that they have to criticize something. It's toys. It's never going to be perfect. Even if you managed to zone toys perfectly, guests would just trash it the next minute. I maintain that you can't actually ever zone toys properly. You'd need a full 8 hours with the store closed because if you want toys to be perfect, you have to get down on your knees and pull all the product off the shelf. It's amazing how much shit guests manage to shove behind the toys every damn day. What, I'm saying is it sounds like you did an excellent job. You would have made my morning.

except 2 identical toys that looked the same and they said that it wasnt even in the right place (true, but it wasnt obvious at all. A small box with identical colors,etc.)
How does this LOD even have time to walk your zone and find something that nitpicky? Sure the diamonds are obvious, but to spot a similar package on the wrong peg? Are there not a hundred other more important foci as closing LOD?

Because she’s perfect I suppose- another legend in her own mind. Just once I’d like to see these ETLs who want everything perfect deliver it themselves...🙄😂

Sometimes, it's like I work for an entirely different corporation than everyone else. We have one bad leader, but all the others do the work themselves. ETL-Hardlines works pushes and pulls to the floor when needed or otherwise grabs pulls in the back. ETL-Logistics does backstock and grabs pulls. ETL-Softlines pushes their stuff out to the floor. Closing LOD audits and zones. It's weird reading this site and then seeing what my ETLs do. They don't ask us to do more than is possible. Since they do it themselves, they actually know what is possible and just ask that we do that.

Sometimes, it's like I work for an entirely different corporation than everyone else. We have one bad leader, but all the others do the work themselves. ETL-Hardlines works pushes and pulls to the floor when needed or otherwise grabs pulls in the back. ETL-Logistics does backstock and grabs pulls. ETL-Softlines pushes their stuff out to the floor. Closing LOD audits and zones. It's weird reading this site and then seeing what my ETLs do. They don't ask us to do more than is possible. Since they do it themselves, they actually know what is possible and just ask that we do that.
Well then consider youself lucky! Remember that ASANTS! I would be oh so happy if all the ETL's in my store including the STL could talk the talk and walk the walk but they don't! So count your blessings! But my question to you is...Are you in a store that has rolled out the new unload process or has not gone through modernization yet? Cause by what you described with your ETL's sounds like you have not.

Last edited:
How does this LOD even have time to walk your zone and find something that nitpicky? Sure the diamonds are obvious, but to spot a similar package on the wrong peg? Are there not a hundred other more important foci as closing LOD?

And the 2 toys were SO similar, just different figures in them which was hard to see.so hard to see. She then told me to go back and fix the diamonds (understandable). it was my physical best but perfect is what she strives for. I am always on her radar despite doing my absolute best and other TMs praising me

Because she’s perfect I suppose- another legend in her own mind. Just once I’d like to see these ETLs who want everything perfect deliver it themselves...🙄😂
Shes ALWAYS on me i feel like. I try my best but it makes me feel nervous and rushed how she is always as if behind me.

Well the consider youself lucky! Remember that ASANTS! I would be oh so happy if all the ETL's in my store including the STL could talk the talk and walk the walk but they don't! So count your blessings! But my question to you is...Are you in a store that has rolled out the new unload process or has not gone through modernization yet? Cause by what you described with your ETL's sounds like you have not.

We have the new unload process and we're supposed to be modernized. We aren't completely end2end yet, but we are supposed to be working on getting there. What I've been told is that the modernization rollout was a complete disaster. Everyone who could afford to do so quit. The store is down to different work centers doing different things depending on personnel and how many payroll hours they have. It's a shitshow, but it somehow just kind of works albeit with lots and lots of hiccups. The upside to this is that leaders have to actually be nice because they can't afford to lose anyone else who is even semi-competent.

Perfect is not long lasting and is unrealistic. I sometimes wonder why the TL or LOD's act so manic about this. And also why they don't help if they see something that needs to be picked up, etc.. Are they above pitching in?
It’s only “perfect” when they have a planned visit and add shifts to make the store look as squeaky clean as possible.

Perfect is not long lasting and is unrealistic. I sometimes wonder why the TL or LOD's act so manic about this. And also why they don't help if they see something that needs to be picked up, etc.. Are they above pitching in?
Far too many of them think they are...🙄

Can you transfer to my store and zone toys every night? I'd love you. I come in an hour and a half before the store opens to work toys. If all I found were some diamond issues and a single item on the wrong peg, I'd immediately go to your ETL and tell them that you did an excellent job. At this point, I'm just happy if I don't come in to see product on the floor and a full cart of reshop to do. Your LOD is probably one of those who thinks that they have to criticize something. It's toys. It's never going to be perfect. Even if you managed to zone toys perfectly, guests would just trash it the next minute. I maintain that you can't actually ever zone toys properly. You'd need a full 8 hours with the store closed because if you want toys to be perfect, you have to get down on your knees and pull all the product off the shelf. It's amazing how much shit guests manage to shove behind the toys every damn day. What, I'm saying is it sounds like you did an excellent job. You would have made my morning.

Yes, this. I've been at my store a year and nobody has even walked my zone, let alone criticized diamonds. Ain't nobody got time for that. And unless you're super familiar with an area (and I'm guessing you're new, so nobody should be expecting that, necessarily), it's not always reasonable to expect you to catch all items out of place, unless they're obviously out of place, unless you scan every item and...ain't nobody got time for that. If you've been assigned to do a deep zone, then, yes, but that should have been spelled out specifically and instructions given on what-all to do for that.

ETA: And, really, any aisle in toys stays zoned for about .3 seconds after you finish it. Expecting perfection in toys, particularly after the catalog comes out, is insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back