Logistics Spot considering scanning trucks again

segregated trailer means p1 in one truck , p2 in second truck or 3rd truck . The scanner is basically scanning all carton and the system will say if it’s backstock he/she will put a line on the pick label if it’s backstock and does not go down the line .Trucks are being done in 1h no matter the size . No more dbos . Made a team of 6 team members for priority fill. Then 3 team members overnight for zone and returns apart from the inbound .
What was p2 team schedule 9-5:30 or 10-6:30 it is now old school Hardlines . Where they are just there for the guest .

Last edited:
Does the scanner mark Backstock? or simply "scan" barcodes to acknowledge they were on the truck/received?
Instead of acknowledging the trailer as push all , you acknowledge it as scan trailer . As the boxes comes down the line the scanner is marking backstock or if it’s push let’s it go down the line.

I know . It’s been a while just had a lot of things thrown at me . Finally I was able to achieve it . So I can breath again
Congrats then, how many hours roughly do you get a week for gm to schedule? My store was doing well for so long but we have been continously losing people and haven't had anyone consistent to replace them. My newest tm for gm at this point has been with my team for well over a year.

Congrats then, how many hours roughly do you get a week for gm to schedule? My store was doing well for so long but we have been continously losing people and haven't had anyone consistent to replace them. My newest tm for gm at this point has been with my team for well over a year.
Monthly or weekly?

How is everyone doing with priority fills?
About 2 % last week 🙃. BTW is that payroll everything like presentation inbound ect? I also much prefer just doing the 141s not much more time then priority imo and leads to a much cleaner and fuller salesfloor and a much cleaner amd less full backroom

Last edited:
Makes me wonder how many items where lost on the edge of the ramp in-between the truck and and loading bay dock.
Some homeless guy could of been making the real money by sitting outside the store and taking whatever he could find on the ground and scalping those items off ebay or something.
I know I would if I wasn't a target employee

Rn I have 1 unloader, 4 on the inbound team and myself. About 4-5 pushers 1 person to do reshop. We still own home/seasonal as well. Occasionally we have someone dayside to pull but it's mostly on closers, which we have about 2-3 people in total as closing experts. We are so understaffed it's unbelievable we even make it through the week. We have been slacking on pulls which has put us in a big hole.

Makes me wonder how many items where lost on the edge of the ramp in-between the truck and and loading bay dock.
Some homeless guy could of been making the real money by sitting outside the store and taking whatever he could find on the ground and scalping those items off ebay or something.
I know I would if I wasn't a target employee
Probably not as much as you'd think. Mostly single cans of catfood from the friskies packs that fall and break open. Anything expensive and I usually just walk around and go get it. Edit after rereading: assuming you mean loading in at the DC? Then I have no idea I'd assume even less since they would only really lose something at the very end since the dock plate would be open.

About 2 % last week 🙃. BTW is that payroll everything like presentation inbound ect? I also much prefer just doing the 141s not much more time then priority imo and leads to a much cleaner and fuller salesfloor and a much cleaner amd less full backroom
Right but you won’t get credit and you know how we are all about metrics 😂

Right but you won’t get credit and you know how we are all about metrics 😂
We were one of the stores in my district to do priority fills and it went terribly. We were told at the beginning of this year to go back to 141s and I was hopeful they decided against it. I like having the option but I'd rather be trying to get everything done. Was sad we were told to go back to priority fills.

We were one of the stores in my district to do priority fills and it went terribly. We were told at the beginning of this year to go back to 141s and I was hopeful they decided against it. I like having the option but I'd rather be trying to get everything done. Was sad we were told to go back to priority fills.
Priority fills take half the time and are much more efficient. OFOs for sure cleaned out backroom and kept stock levels low a lot better but are grossly inefficient.

Priority fills take half the time and are much more efficient. OFOs for sure cleaned out backroom and kept stock levels low a lot better but are grossly inefficient.
I will fight to the death on this. My counts were infinitely better. Zone was much quicker and easily maintained when the salesfloor is full. It does not take 50% more time it's 30% more at best. It was far more efficient to backstock when you don't leave 1s and 2s in the back that fit on the salesfloor. Backroom was empty and organized. Don't be fooled. Spot wants you to believe it takes 50% less time so they can give you 50% less payroll to do pulls. The marginal gain in time to not pull more is far outweighed by the fullness and organization of 141s.

I will fight to the death on this. My counts were infinitely better. Zone was much quicker and easily maintained when the salesfloor is full. It does not take 50% more time it's 30% more at best. It was far more efficient to backstock when you don't leave 1s and 2s in the back that fit on the salesfloor. Backroom was empty and organized. Don't be fooled. Spot wants you to believe it takes 50% less time so they can give you 50% less payroll to do pulls. The marginal gain in time to not pull more is far outweighed by the fullness and organization of 141s.
Not only that it is additional extra steps

Fortunately they don't break payroll apart like that. And they aren't taking away 50% "pull" payroll.

Back