Archived Sr. CTL Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I crazy for thinking that I don't have enough time to complete all the P Fresh + TL tasks I'm supposed to?

I'm LOD 3 of my 5 shifts a week, and the other 2 I'm the only coverage in market. This means I have to do the culls/coupons, SDA, hourly P-Fresh and Dry market pulls, run FDC push, manage to get 1-2 interviews in on that same shift, stay on top of reshop, and somehow map and set sales planners, spend time with my vendors, while assisting other areas of the store because we have a max of 1 hard lines team member other than electronics.

It's frustrating because I want to do well and I have a great team but I feel like I'm not given enough time to do my job properly. The odd day where I have one of my PA's with me or even some overlap, I'm able to leave feeling like I got plenty accomplished. I feel like market is the last priority to many of the execs even though it's the one area who's products can make people ill.

Any other Sr. CTL's have any tips or routines you've found that help you?

Lol no joke. There's no way to do lod and pfresh without having a strong team. Your pa has to mirror your ability and be able to perform your tasks by being able to find and resolve them, themselves. Your tms need to be at least pa level, they have to be able to look up, determine which sps to replace, know how and when to TPC/coupon, have the balls to stand up to backroom of they aren't backstocking..I made all of my tms go through the tests of a pa.. Plus be able to read the routines and that such. Every, one of your TM has to be able to walk with steritech and know how to scramble to prepare for them. They should all know how to order.. I hold them accountable for bad orders when they first learn, and learn not to make them again. Mainly my pa or myself orders, but every one of them know how to just in case.
I recommend this for any CTL, not just sr

Last edited:
I instill it in every one of them that come to my dept, and I love every second of it. Im not a sr, but I was offered it once and turned it down because I knew it wouldn't be possible with my set up.. I thought about it and talked with another CTL and we determined it was the only way at the time asked.. Using it today I know when/if I get offered again I'll be fine. My job is so easier these days because everyone on my team is as responsible as a pa and my pa is as responsible as a CTL.

Last edited:
Am I crazy for thinking that I don't have enough time to complete all the P Fresh + TL tasks I'm supposed to?
Yes
I'm LOD 3 of my 5 shifts a week, and the other 2 I'm the only coverage in market. This means I have to do the culls/coupons, SDA, hourly P-Fresh and Dry market pulls, run FDC push, manage to get 1-2 interviews in on that same shift, stay on top of reshop, and somehow map and set sales planners, spend time with my vendors, while assisting other areas of the store because we have a max of 1 hard lines team member other than electronics.[\QUOTE\
SDA - Our LOD and BR Team take care of that.
Map and set Salesplanners now belongs to plano/pricing team. [SARCASM]So in your down time, go train the PTL on how to do his job so you don't have to[/SARCASM]
It's frustrating because I want to do well and I have a great team but I feel like I'm not given enough time to do my job properly. The odd day where I have one of my PA's with me or even some overlap, I'm able to leave feeling like I got plenty accomplished. I feel like market is the last priority to many of the execs even though it's the one area who's products can make people ill.

Any other Sr. CTL's have any tips or routines you've found that help you?

Sorry about that, now that I have all my sarcasm out, some real advice. Our former CTL (he's now TL - Salesfloor, and the only one) worked hard to develop his PAs to handle the department. While he still gets to spend a few hours a week in PFresh, it's not much. It's really all about having solid routines and expectations. Work on training and developing the entire consumables team, that way the Cull/Coupons take care of themselves. Work with your instocks team to also work the SDA. Talk to HR and see if they can schedule your interviews on your LOD shifts, and just let another LOD cover while you're doing the interview. With the cuts we are seeing in payroll, it's not gonna get any better, we just have to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back