Archived SrTL sales floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pettjm54

Sales floor TL
I am currently a hard lines TL (a, b, and c side). I am striving to get a SrTL spot that they decided not to give another TL. my ETL told me he wants me in this position. What's the best advice you guys can give me in order to show the other etls and my STL that I have what it takes?

1. Captain some projects
2. Mentor both TMs as well as TLs
3. Pick up an ETL in your store as a mentor as well as someone outside of your store, preferably a BP
4. Don't just work in your sales floor areas, but be global...check up on CAFs, jumping in whenever necessary
5. Partner with STL about special projects to work on
6. Partner with entire Executive Staff about feedback on both Leadership Status and Business Walks
7. Whenever you have a visit, whether by DTL or Group BP, make your presence known, be part of the walk, and always have your ToolKit on you with an updated Leadership Status
8. Be able to demonstrate all Leadership Expectations, as well as being able to speak about how you are using them, at a moments notice

That's all I can think of for now.

Snarky answer?

1) Kiss a lot of ass.
2) Take credit for everything (even things you didn't do).
3) Be close by so they remember you
4) Stay green, no matter what
5) Cut down anyone else who could be up for the job
6) Be young and good looking
7) Fit in with the preppy crowd
8) Separate yourself as much as possible from your TM's
9) Go by the book and only the book with no exceptions

Pj, I know that you will succeed. Do things ahead of your etl's . Like walks, status, saleplanners, before they are due. know your tm's, new & seasoned. They can help you. Show strength in leadership., especially when you have no team to lead. Seek opps to sales for the team, when possible… in the end, full end caps & tm's on the floor for guests equals to "green" scores for you. Be a I can do it, person.

Thank you all for the awesome and hardlines, I appreciate the confidence. I remember posting here as a TM wondering how to be promoted to PA, then TL now a SrTL..

1. Captain some projects
2. Mentor both TMs as well as TLs
3. Pick up an ETL in your store as a mentor as well as someone outside of your store, preferably a BP
4. Don't just work in your sales floor areas, but be global...check up on CAFs, jumping in whenever necessary
5. Partner with STL about special projects to work on
6. Partner with entire Executive Staff about feedback on both Leadership Status and Business Walks
7. Whenever you have a visit, whether by DTL or Group BP, make your presence known, be part of the walk, and always have your ToolKit on you with an updated Leadership Status
8. Be able to demonstrate all Leadership Expectations, as well as being able to speak about how you are using them, at a moments notice

That's all I can think of for now.

and this is why you got promoted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back