Archived Stairs and no disabled access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just curious how many stores have stairs and no access or accomodations for disabled and injured. My store I swear was built in the stone age. The stairs are a nightmare and disabled tm jnable to use them to access tmsc pretty much take their breaks and lunch in their car or in the bathroom :/ we are easily the red headed step child of our district -_-

You should have access to time clock & bathroom in the back room or signing computer? I understand about tmsc is being on 2nd level & no access to lockers(privilege thing)

Im just curious how many stores have stairs and no access or accomodations for disabled and injured. My store I swear was built in the stone age. The stairs are a nightmare and disabled tm jnable to use them to access tmsc pretty much take their breaks and lunch in their car or in the bathroom :/ we are easily the red headed step child of our district -_-

Ask HR what accommodations can be made for you. They may be able to let you take your breaks in the GSTL office and keep your belongings in a safe space on the 1st floor.

Do you have any physically-disabled TMs?
Our store is single-story, thankfully.

We had a one armed guy for a short time - that's about it.

You should have access to time clock & bathroom in the back room or signing computer? I understand about tmsc is being on 2nd level & no access to lockers(privilege thing)

We do have access to a time clock downstairs and we have the back bathroom but the signing comp doesnt access ehr (dunno why) so any time off request/paystub/what have yous has to be done in tmsc.

Do you have any physically-disabled TMs?
Our store is single-story, thankfully.

We do several actually with varying degree of medical needs. Some can climb the satirs only 2 cant thankfully they moved one row of lockers downstairs for them a few weeks ago. They arent secured though dont shake them. . .or shove hard. . .or you know look at them. They almost squashed a team member :/

I was just curious I dont know the laws to well (legal jargen gives me migraines) but I thought by law they had to have certain disability access :/ we have a lovely lady in a wheelchair that applied but they denied her due to mo wheelchair access. She had amazing customer service skills our hr tm was bummed they rejected her cause she worked customer service desks and hr at other jobs. Sorry i didnt mean to stir up anythjng I was just wondering lol personally I wish we had an elevator or escalator those stairs are exhausting

We have a really old store in my district like that, but I'm not sure if they have an elevator or not.

I thought there's not much that can be done if the building was like that before the ADA?

we have a lovely lady in a wheelchair that applied but they denied her due to mo wheelchair access.
That is clearly illegal though.

That must be an old store because all Target stores built since 2003(?) must have access to the off-stage areas for the physically disabled due to an ADA ruling.

My first store's TMSC was on a 2nd floor with the offices overlooking the lanes. Originally built in late 70s. Then remodeled 3 times to date. Access was pass the restrooms and to the side hallway next to Guest Service.

Then the backroom had a 2nd floor addition put on it during the remodel when I started working.

Totally unrelated, but how do 2 level stores even work? Is the backroom 2 levels as well, with certain stockrooms on certain levels? Are there two balers/compactors? How do you bring flats up and down between floors? Are TM's assigned one level to work on per shift, or do they have to run between floors to answer call buttons? How does Flow work? Since you obviously have to unload everything on the lower level? If anyone has any knowledge of two level stores I'd apperciate it <.<

Last edited:
Totally unrelated, but how do 2 level stores even work? Is the backroom 2 levels as well, with certain stockrooms on certain levels? Are there two bakers/compactors? How do you bring flats up and down between floors? Are TM's assigned one level to work on per shift, or do they have to run between floors to answer call buttons? How does Flow work? Since you obviously have to unload everything on the lower level? If anyone has any knowledge of two level stores I'd apperciate it <.<
I have always wanted to know this as well !

Service elevator.
But so do TM's have to run between floors for call buttons, etc? Or are you assigned one level? And are there registers on both floors? Because backups could take a while if they're all the way upstairs and have to go down the elevator?

I think your asking about multi level stores than tiered backrooms.

Tiered backrooms all equipment is at the receiving level. The only thing on the 2nd floor is stockroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back