Archived Stand alone outs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outs is an instocks function. When a location is empty, you scan it in Outs. This tells the system that you need enough of the product to fill the location. If any is located in the backroom, it will come out in a priority pull. If not, then the next time the product comes in on the truck, it will get sent to the sales floor to be pushed to the empty location.

Usually, this is done in the instocks task list, but Outs and Research have stand-alone apps that you can use anytime.

Outs is an instocks function. When a location is empty, you scan it in Outs. This tells the system that you need enough of the product to fill the location. If any is located in the backroom, it will come out in a priority pull. If not, then the next time the product comes in on the truck, it will get sent to the sales floor to be pushed to the empty location.

Usually, this is done in the instocks task list, but Outs and Research have stand-alone apps that you can use anytime.
Does the backroom have a time limit to pull the item?

Does the backroom have a time limit to pull the item?

I know there's a pull timeliness metric for batches generated in the task list, but I'm not 100% certain about stand-alone outs and research batches.

Any backroom/instocks folks who can help us out here please?

limiting the use of EXFs is usually the best route. Outs and research are much better ways to fill the floor.

From our wiki:

An exception fill or EXF is a type of pull that is dropped by using the Standalone EXF application. These are manual pulls initiated by theSales Floor.

This type of fill can lead to Sales Accumulator inaccuracies if not used properly because it does not affect any other batches currently in the replenishment system. Any amount keyed will be requested to be pulled if there are any in a backroom location.

It is important to be extremely cautious when generating EXFs, as the quantity requested will remain as a replenishment need until it can be fulfilled. For example, if you have an EXF for 45 bottles of Tide and the backroom only has 10 bottles, the system will send the remaining 35 out to the floor as it becomes available.

A couple of other things about Standalone Outs is that I don't think it changes the item counts. Or that's what my STL said. And maybe Outs batches show up as EXF? I don't pull my I instocks batches except for one time so I don't know for sure.

More annoyingly, if you scan a location in Outs that a) is on sale and b) not in the backroom, it's going to likely prompt you for a raincheck. Even if there's some on the floor elsewhere. But it won't let you make that raincheck until you actually research.

Standalone scanning days are sooo much fun I tell you what.

Our district has a goal of no EXFs. We do the instocks task list plus another couple hundred stand alone outs scans a day. Then occasionally research specific areas. I have found it very helpful to use the OOS report and make it a point to scan those areas at least twice that week to improve their instocks.

From our wiki:

An exception fill or EXF is a type of pull that is dropped by using the Standalone EXF application. These are manual pulls initiated by theSales Floor.

This type of fill can lead to Sales Accumulator inaccuracies if not used properly because it does not affect any other batches currently in the replenishment system. Any amount keyed will be requested to be pulled if there are any in a backroom location.

It is important to be extremely cautious when generating EXFs, as the quantity requested will remain as a replenishment need until it can be fulfilled. For example, if you have an EXF for 45 bottles of Tide and the backroom only has 10 bottles, the system will send the remaining 35 out to the floor as it becomes available.
The only time I use EXF is when I Need to fill holes in seasonal/mini. It tells me the number available then asks how many I need. As long as I don't request more than we have on hand am I OK?

A couple of other things about Standalone Outs is that I don't think it changes the item counts. Or that's what my STL said.

That is correct. Only Research will change the on-hand count. Outs just sets the accumulator.

From our wiki:

The only time I use EXF is when I Need to fill holes in seasonal/mini. It tells me the number available then asks how many I need. As long as I don't request more than we have on hand am I OK?
Yes.

OK, thanks! I wish there was a way to find mdse to fill holes without scanning every item it looks like we are out of or have a low quantity of. Like maybe if we could scan the pog label and it would bring up a list of all the disc items.

A couple of other things about Standalone Outs is that I don't think it changes the item counts. Or that's what my STL said. And maybe Outs batches show up as EXF? I don't pull my I instocks batches except for one time so I don't know for sure.

More annoyingly, if you scan a location in Outs that a) is on sale and b) not in the backroom, it's going to likely prompt you for a raincheck. Even if there's some on the floor elsewhere. But it won't let you make that raincheck until you actually research.

Standalone scanning days are sooo much fun I tell you what.
I had to do that today. I was doing OUTS in CDs and rain check came up. Ignored and went to RSCH app and scanned and pulled up all the LOCs. I didn't change count, just visual aid for additional LOCs. I think it helped.

In huddle today our ETL told us we were not allowed to use stand alone research to change counts without permission because it hurts our stores score or something like that. Anyone know how it hurts ?

In huddle today our ETL told us we were not allowed to use stand alone research to change counts without permission because it hurts our stores score or something like that. Anyone know how it hurts ?

Because we are now measured on the amount of RSCH and OUTS scans we have per day! We are also measured on the amount of Standalone RSCH vs Task List Research. For example, if you have lots of RSCH scans on a Saturday (when its supposed to be OUTS on that day) it will flag as your store was executing their process incorrectly.

OK, thanks! I wish there was a way to find mdse to fill holes without scanning every item it looks like we are out of or have a low quantity of. Like maybe if we could scan the pog label and it would bring up a list of all the disc items.

Well the reason it is out or low is because the accumulator is off (assumings its in the backroom). So there would not be an easy way outside of checking yourself (as any easy method generated by a computer would be using the accumulator).

And to your second point, a Stand Alone PTM batch basically does that?

I had to do that today. I was doing OUTS in CDs and rain check came up. Ignored and went to RSCH app and scanned and pulled up all the LOCs. I didn't change count, just visual aid for additional LOCs. I think it helped.

Did you hit "Continue" or the back arrow? From what I've heard if you continue and don't make a raincheck that affects a score but hitting back exits OUTs, creates a batch of whatever you're scanning but doesn't hit your raincheck score.

At this point on an OUTs scanning day if I'm in CDs/DVDs I just use Item Search to check multiple locations, or if its an aisle with a bunch of empty ad items I'm just going to use Standalone Research so I can actually make rainchecks. Sure that probably hurts some score I only just found out in the last couple weeks but at this point I'm assuming Target scores me on a dozen random things and I won't find out until I somehow tank one of them.

Did you hit "Continue" or the back arrow? From what I've heard if you continue and don't make a raincheck that affects a score but hitting back exits OUTs, creates a batch of whatever you're scanning but doesn't hit your raincheck score.

At this point on an OUTs scanning day if I'm in CDs/DVDs I just use Item Search to check multiple locations, or if its an aisle with a bunch of empty ad items I'm just going to use Standalone Research so I can actually make rainchecks. Sure that probably hurts some score I only just found out in the last couple weeks but at this point I'm assuming Target scores me on a dozen random things and I won't find out until I somehow tank one of them.
Ha, I did hit continue. Only about 2-3 came up wanting a raincheck. I'm still trying to figure out OUTs, too. I've never used it before and I've been with Target 3 years. I used to always use EXF, although I probably never used it the correct and proper way, lol. Thank you "training"...

Ha, I did hit continue. Only about 2-3 came up wanting a raincheck. I'm still trying to figure out OUTs, too. I've never used it before and I've been with Target 3 years. I used to always use EXF, although I probably never used it the correct and proper way, lol. Thank you "training"...

I didn't find out about that either until I'd "continue"d a few times and the ETL figured out what was going on. Only used EXF twice myself, when scanning batteries at checklines.

Here's what I figured out about OUTs: not a bad idea in theory, poor implementation in practice. The whole demanding a raincheck situation is the biggest problem I have with it, to the point where on OUTs days I won't make one if I unless I really have to. Like say, the whole aisle's on sale or the STL's been following me around. Then again by Saturday (or on this week, today!) we're out of the pads so whatever.

Stand Alone PTM does this, as @Rock Lobster said. Go into the app, scan or key the POG header label, it will prompt you with a suggested fill batch with an approximate size, which you can agree to, or view other possible batches (usually a batch with more & one with less are also available). You want D-code, not Carry FWD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back