Archived Star Wars Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a midnight store, at 8am open, less than 10 men outside waiting for us to open.

some lovely shoppers ...

090515.N.GFH_.ForceFriday_8.jpg

090515.N.GFH_.ForceFriday_4.jpg

090515.N.GFH_.ForceFriday.jpg

Do Target stores carrying this?

Last edited:
Aye we didn't have a line or anything. Small rush at open but steady business and a lot of traffic in the aisle and in seasonal all day so. /shrug.

Had one guest get mad because I wouldn't put one of the Black series collectibles on hold for him, having been told by my ETL HL not to do so earlier in the week. He hung up called and talked to LOD who caved because he threw a fit. /sighs

LOL It was a joke here. Didn't have ANYONE until about 9am. And even then it was like one guy. In fact, we had more people buying the new CD's then Star Wars.

Last edited:
Been here since 6am for "crowd control"..... Not a single person in sight.

That's Target for you. Freak out and over staff for one thing and be disgustingly unprepared for others. It's almost like they haven't done anything like this in the past 50 years. TAKE SOME MOTHER F@&$!?& NOTES ONCE IN A WHILE! Damn this company is run by soccer moms with egos the size of Jupiter.

I went to Kohls and picked up some Star Wars stuff. Today was my day off and 14.5 % (discount / RedCard) off wasn't enough incentive to walk in that place on my day off. The only thing that I was excited about was the return of Micro Machines and a few tshirts.

Is Target going to sell the kylo ren light saber? I completely forgot about force day. I went to a mall today and saw tons of star wars toys at the Disney store. This movie is going to be a big deal. Just think how bad toys will be in December.

I heard 30 or so people showed up to our midnight open, and they all left after the woodie giveaway around 12:30. The Twitter pics look super underwhelming lol. I'm not surprised. Outside of work, I hadn't heard a single thing about this event.

We were there till 3am. 5pm - 3am. Putting that up..... And I had to close the next night 3 - 11:30..

This was completely underwhelming. I mean, cool stuff and all, but we weren't especially busy at all. The most annoying part about this event was trying to use the coupons. Guests would want to use the "Get $25 off $100" and the guest would be off my literally a nickel. For the sake of time, and not wanting to make the guest spend $10 for a .5 cent difference, I did a lot of manual discounts for this stupid deal.

This was completely underwhelming. I mean, cool stuff and all, but we weren't especially busy at all. The most annoying part about this event was trying to use the coupons. Guests would want to use the "Get $25 off $100" and the guest would be off my literally a nickel. For the sake of time, and not wanting to make the guest spend $10 for a .5 cent difference, I did a lot of manual discounts for this stupid deal.
I spent just over $50 and the coupon wouldn't work for me either. Luckily they also did a manual discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back