Archived Starbucks Open Order??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I'm new to the SBTL role and a bit confused. My DM emailed me reminding me that "Open Order" has begun. What the heck does that mean???

Unsure of "open" order vs regular weekly although we're now reset for Q4 so that would include holiday items.
If there's holiday item that promises to be a big seller, order it NOW instead of when you run out. Holiday items have a VERY short window & Starbux is notorious about dropping items without notification. Usually they simply don't ship it no matter how many times you order & only later will they send an email mentioning that said items have been dropped.
Regular orders are weekly & you might want to start stockpiling heavily-used items like mocha mix (peppermint mocha, salted caramel mocha, etc), caramel drizzle, syrups, etc.
Watch your pastries to see what's selling heavily & what's being QMOS'd so you can adjust orders/daily plating. Nothing worse than selling out of an item early in the day when you could pull extra & maximize sales. When we have a slow-down on pastries, we'll QMOS some for samples, another way to drive add-on sales.
If it's dead at your counter but the store is busy, send a TM out with samples. We've done a half & half tray of beverages & pastries that was REAL popular. Some folks didn't even realize our store HAD a Starbux so this was a good intro.

Thank you SO much!! I'm super late to replying, but I appreciate it! I constantly tried to order holiday products through November but never received any :(

You may not be alone. There were several supplies we ordered 2-3 weeks running & never received.
One day our register menu dropped several holiday items but they were back the next day. Our TL was getting emails that there might be 'shortages' (after the fact, gee thanx) but they didn't specify whether we'd be getting them in later or they were simply out for the season.
This is nothing like last year.

Since this starbucks thread is up right now. Have any of you received the Flan syrup? Apparently it's going to be in a frappuccino. I had no idea of this until we got the bottle in this past order! Know anything of this?

Last edited:
Yeh, we got it out of the blue along with the info for "upcoming attractions".
We haven't had time to crack a bottle & make one yet. Hope it's better than that cookie crumble crap.....
I remember the button appeared for the flan latte but never materialized.

We had a day where some holiday drinks disappeared from the register as well.

I had read about the flan a couple months ago. Anyone receive their mailpack with the Winter Promo info yet??

My SBTL got the packet but I don't know where it got stashed (we have a LOT of hidey holes).

Ran out of Caramel Brulee today. We ordered it for the past 3 weeks but it hasn't turned up.
Getting low on Gingerbread (ran out of the molasses drizzle but guests don't seem to mind :p).
Ran out of Cranberry Bliss bars & Gingerbread but still have a crap-ton of those @#$%!! snowman cookies.

Woo! No more snowman cookies for us! We'll probably run out of caramel brulee real soon too. Of course we were sent TWELVE bottles of gingerbread spice and have only gone through two so far. Also sitting on TONS of pumpkin spice. Merchandise flow seems pretty slow compared to last year, don't know what's up with that.

Regarding the promos coming up: of course Target chose not to give out the $1 off coupons! We wouldn't want to drive guest loyalty now, would we?! Also not doing the Brewed Coffee Bounce Back, nor the Valentine's Day offer. Party poopers!

Starbucks did an eggnog latte one year.
Loved that, wish they would bring it back.

We had it this year.
Out of all the Christmas drinks, that one sells the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back