Archived Starting as ETL LOG next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if anyone doesnt know my situation i'm a 'fresh out of college grad' who got assigned to LOG which is strange because i have pretty much no managment experience. Although i think there wont be much of a learning curve for me.
I just found out I am going to 30ish mil a year C volume store that is comping down Hard (5+%)

1) has anyone ever workd logistics in a store similar to mine?(low vol)(comping down) how is it? I am training at high volume stores and i feel like im going to have no resources at this store, lol.

2) it is a 6 am process...it would kind of stink if it becomes a 730 am. What determines this and at what sales volume?

3) i will be replacing someone who got promoted out and everyone says he was loved by the team. I fear even if i do well and make a positive change to the process(which is struggling) the team will always be like "oh i wish so-and-so was still here!" Etc. does anyone have any tips to help my assimilation?

That's a ulv store. It's depends on sales & if it's near a metro area. My store is "a" store, in major metro area.

1) I'm at a B volume store and sales are way up, but it is in an area that is very hard to hire in. Even without enough TMs, the logistics teams pull together and work long and hard as a team to get shit done.

2) I'm pretty sure I've seen posts on here regarding what determines store volume. You could also check on workbench be looking for pages having to do with AE (Achieving Excellence). Also, you can probably beg the DTL to keep you at 6am if it comes down to it.

3) I'd like to think the previous ETL-LOG wouldn't get promoted if they were doing a bad job... From a TM standpoint I will just say please resist the temptation to start changing things immediately, and keep an open mind as you observe how and why things are currently done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back