Archived Starting Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started at $9.25 when I worked at Target back in the day. This was above minimum because I had retail experience.

Nearly 20 years later, $11.25.

I started at $9.25 when I worked at Target back in the day. This was above minimum because I had retail experience.

Were you a Manager in the 90's makin that kind of wage?

I started mid 2000's at $6.50

I was a store manager (not Target) making $450 a week. That was in 2000. The nice thing was I usually worked 42 hours a week. Set schedule (I made the schedule) with Wed and Sunday off. Such a great gig. Much less red tape and more freedom to do what worked for your store.

In 20 years you've only had $2 in raises???

2015 $10.00, raised to $10.50 in 2015 (laughed at STL when informed of the big raise- oops) (Cashier/GS)
2016 $10.76 (Cashier/GS) 2.5% raise
2017 $12.08 (SBX) 5% raise
Left end of 2017 after being denied a 14 day LOA (not during the holidays). Now, I make $30 plus amazing benefits.

Started about 6 months ago as Hardlines @ $10.25, now making $11.25

Something ain't right.

Adjusted for inflation, they actually went backwards.
Similar here, although it hasn't been 20 years of puny raises. But I completely sympathize with the comment. If it weren't for Target raising starting pay to compete with Wal-Mart, it'd be 7 cents here and a nickel there. That said, I find it annoying that the increases in starting pay have the effect of putting many of us with years experience at the bottom again. I feel so valued.

When I was seasonal I made $10.75. Then when I left and came back I made $10.50. Then they raised the base to $11 last October so now i make $11. Minimum wage went up to $11 this January so I thought we’d get another bump but no still $11 lol

Started in 2014 at 8.50 as hardlines/consumables. I’m at 14.00 now in sfs. I think starting wage is like 13

Also I’m in nyc

In 20 years you've only had $2 in raises???

Actually now that I think more, that was probably my second stint, which was closer to the mid-aughts. I wasn't there long and I started fresh as a new TM this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back