Archived Starting to hate the plano team

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been doing overnight for the last week setting up BTS. They (aka told Backroom) literally pull everything from back and only like 20 percent has went out. Flow has been coming in to 12 vechieals of backstock, most with only 1 item missing and Backroom has been running ragged attemping to even backstock it with the rest of their workload

Why can't Plano pull and Backstock correctly? Or at all. They always clear a ton of shit off the shelves and leave it for BR to finish.

They may not have time, too. Did you happened to look & see how many aisles were set for BTS in seasonal?

So they're busting open cases to only put one item out? Seems like a dick move.

A lot of times the new pog fill batch pulls stuff you do not need. Especially with BTS and other sets where they have put most of the merchandise on pallets. The system won't know you already have these items because they aren't accounted for on the pallet causing it to pull the item, the team to try to push it, and send it right back to backstock. Now if they aren't checking multiple locations that is a problem that they need to fix.

As a backroom tm, I can somewhat relate to what the OP is saying. However, when there is a big reset IE bts, Halloween, Christmas etc..I don't blame the Pog team for all the backstock. I blame the etls/HQ for poor planning. They know weeks in advance a major set is coming...they should give more hours to the back room...so that the bs can be done from the reset. HQ should know extra hours are needed and the etls should plan accordingly. Common sense don't you think? However, as we all know the issue with common sense is...its just not that common anymore :)

I believe they are working on an update for the MyDevices to account for product already on the floor. You can't really blame anyone in this situation except Target. Our BRTL had the same frustrations when we set BTS.

One of the problems may be that they are not filling ALL locations. They fill the new POG, but backstock without filling other locs. Also, fillbacks might not be done by the POG team, but by others who don't know any better.

One of the problems may be that they are not filling ALL locations. They fill the new POG, but backstock without filling other locs. Also, fillbacks might not be done by the POG team, but by others who don't know any better.

That is the bane of my existence. You should see our first run through of In-Stocks scans.. Tubs of stuff came out.. Now if we could get people to understand that just because the box of pencils is purple doesn't mean its the same item. One is "Sharpened" one is not. And they are on the same side of the dump bin.

But as our Plano has told us, they are only required to fill what they set NOTHING more. Yeah I pretty much hate them.

Do you know exactly what a day on the Plano team entails? I don't know of any Plano teams in my district that pull or backstock their own stuff. Plano teams aren't expected to do that.....anywhere? That would take a much bigger team or a seperate team altogether. Maybe we should just create a whole new team whose responsibilities include pulling and back stocking product. Oh wait I think we have one. They're known as the Backroom team.
PS this is very common if your backroom/flow team palletized and trapped all of your BTS before the POGS were tied.

Last edited:
Lol classic presentation post by BlueSide. Do you even know what backroom does or do you just view them as the people who clean up your mess?

I'm not a presentation TM. I know exactly what backroom team members do from open to close. And yes. They do have to clean up the "mess" of overstock product that comes from various processes. At every store. And hopefully your coworkers treat you with respect and don't leave a literal mess of overstock for you.

I understand both sides, back room and presentation. All stores are not the same but my team scans outs and pull what is not pulled when the pog drops. For the back room, if you feel that second locations are not checked, you can always challenge. By that I mean you physically go and check items brought back for back stock. Then communicate to the appropriate leader if not pushed correctly. This can save you a tub or not.

@Inigma Best practice for a Plano team does include scanning outs after a transition. Your team then pulls those batches?

Our Plano team pulls their own batches. Salesfloor is also responsible for pulling their own sp pogs. Is that normal?

Our Plano team pulls their own batches. Salesfloor is also responsible for pulling their own sp pogs. Is that normal?

Plano at my store is still O/N so I don't know on this one, but I do know that at my store the BR pulls the SP-POGs because a) no salesfloor TMs set SPs (why?) and b) there's not enough PDAs.

Hmmmmmm well it was said 3 years ago at my store that Pog would take over sales planners, but that never ended up happening. The only thing that happened was sales floor had to start pulling their own pogs. Oh and we had less hours too of course...

Why do some stores have sales floor set sales planners? Does the store volume matter? My team sets anything everything besides soft line adjacencys.

We have a BRTM going overnight with plano. He pulls and backstocks everything, and any backstock left at the end of his shift is left for him to work on the next night. And he is scheduled as Presentation.

My POG team pulls all their bathches. They do not however backstock. It is the backrooms job to backstock all of this product. It should be organized nice and neat for them though, or that's dumping. The reason why it seems so much is because it is a HEAVY reset. There are lots of little teenie tiny items we typically do not carry year-round.. tons of them.

My POG team filled to shipper-breaking-capacity. Our flow team helped them push for like 2 hours and only half filled everything. It was such a waste of payroll. Our pog team went back and pushed everything full to minimize backstock because our BR TL was crying about the backstock.

Granted, backroom does not have the hours to backstock such a heavy set and POG does not have enough hours to push and backstock it, so there has to be a happy medium. My POG team stayed 2.5 hours late each to get enough oUT so my backroom would stop crying.

Last edited:
If my backroom could learn to organize stuff for us the way they want stuff organized for them, I would be happy. I'm tired of rubber banding things for them to come in and all my crap is thrown in a repack jumbled up and towering over the side of the tub. Jerks....

sometimes I throw all the backstock back like they pulled it. If they pull it nice, I backstock it nice. One guy hollered at me one time because I left a note saying "here's your crap back. Fix it or im not pushing it" I know he was the one who pulled It because he was complaining about clopening.

Why do some stores have sales floor set sales planners? Does the store volume matter? My team sets anything everything besides soft line adjacencys.

ASANTS but when they combined POG-Pricing the POG team was supposed to take over everything, even adjacencies. Pog team should be getting every single hour on the calendar, but that would mean absolutely no sales floor until closing. It's a store choice to have someone on salesfloor, or your POG team just is not big enough. Mine is 2 tms and a tl. They got 150 hours this past week with just POGS and revisions. I have no clue how much softlines and hardlines got for their stuff but I'm guessing at least 50.

They tried to have us start setting salesplanners, adjacencies, and all pogs/revisions a little over a year ago.

But things just didn't work out.

We've kind of achieved a happy medium. Either we pull our own pulls or backstock. Not both. Usually, it's pull.

blame your etl-log :eek:

we had a total of 2 small pulls for our whole set, out of the stationary stockroom, because for weeks everything off the truck for that set was palletized on the spot and flown up, almost nothing got into the backstock pile. Made everyones life alot easier :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back