Archived Starting to hate the plano team

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a BRTM going overnight with plano. He pulls and backstocks everything, and any backstock left at the end of his shift is left for him to work on the next night. And he is scheduled as Presentation.
This is what I was talking about ! Common sense in scheduling ....too bad other stores cant/wont do that .

ASANTS but when they combined POG-Pricing the POG team was supposed to take over everything, even adjacencies. Pog team should be getting every single hour on the calendar, but that would mean absolutely no sales floor until closing. It's a store choice to have someone on salesfloor, or your POG team just is not big enough. Mine is 2 tms and a tl. They got 150 hours this past week with just POGS and revisions. I have no clue how much softlines and hardlines got for their stuff but I'm guessing at least 50.

Back in April they re-updated the store set responsibilities chart which shows that the area TL is responsible for setting salesplanners and visual adjacencies. There wasn't much discussion on this, I only saw it on one of the front page headlines (04/06/2015 headline I believe).

ASANTS but when they combined POG-Pricing the POG team was supposed to take over everything, even adjacencies. Pog team should be getting every single hour on the calendar, but that would mean absolutely no sales floor until closing. It's a store choice to have someone on salesfloor, or your POG team just is not big enough. Mine is 2 tms and a tl. They got 150 hours this past week with just POGS and revisions. I have no clue how much softlines and hardlines got for their stuff but I'm guessing at least 50.

At my store, Plano does POGs, HLTL does salesplanners, and then there's me and another TM that does softlines adjacency (scheduled under presentation) if we can't do it, the SLTL will do the adjacency and she will be scheduled under presentation as well.

Back in April they re-updated the store set responsibilities chart which shows that the area TL is responsible for setting salesplanners and visual adjacencies. There wasn't much discussion on this, I only saw it on one of the front page headlines (04/06/2015 headline I believe).

That's the way it was when I was doing signing.
The TL handled the SP and adjacencies (though with softlines they tended to be pawned off on the more reliable team members).
So I guess what was old is new again.

Our POG team does all of the pulling and back stocking (including the BTS set) unless the backroom is having a slow day and feeling generous. The BR team and the POG team get along really well. Both teams are incredibly short handed for the workload and we all understand each other's frustrations.

That chart wasn't a update its been around for years. Its never changed. I printed it and replaced the one I had printed years ago ,same thing. My plano team has been setting salesplaners for about five years. It seems to be up to each store. In my store it works out that plano sets all planos, rev, and salesplaners. My team does not set visual adj. But I over see the process.

What volume store are you. What size is your store. There is no way two team members can get all the work done on a average week.

Last edited:
Do you know exactly what a day on the Plano team entails? I don't know of any Plano teams in my district that pull or backstock their own stuff. Plano teams aren't expected to do that.....anywhere? That would take a much bigger team or a seperate team altogether. Maybe we should just create a whole new team whose responsibilities include pulling and back stocking product. Oh wait I think we have one. They're known as the Backroom team.
PS this is very common if your backroom/flow team palletized and trapped all of your BTS before the POGS were tied.
Our plano team pulls ALL of their own product. We have a total of 5 people on the team. TM's looking for extra hours will frequently be added to do fillback when there are any "extra" hours due to call-ins, etc.

@Rarejem sounds like that team gets all hours allocated unlike a lot of others. They handle all adjacencis, revisions, and sales planners?

My pog team just sets planograms, revisions and TNT. HL does sales planners and SL does their tables and adjacencies. They are scheduled under planogram hours though. My team is just not big enough. I check in with them as much as I can to make sure they will finish. Not that I have time to help but just so I know where we are going to end the week or if I can try and get them some help. As far as pulling goes we were pulling all our batches until a month ago or so when we got an update saying that the hours on the adjacency calendar no longer include pulling. BR is now responsible for pulling and backstocking everything. I felt really bad about it because some days they are so overloaded but with having no damn PDA's in the building I can't even send someone back there to help.

Our plano team is awful and leadership just as bad about making them clean up after themselves. They're probably the most entitled team in the entire store.

@Rarejem sounds like that team gets all hours allocated unlike a lot of others. They handle all adjacencis, revisions, and sales planners?
Sort of ... softlines gets plano hours for the adjacenies. Pog does revisions and sales planners. The TL is the only one who gets to write her own team schedule. The rest are done by an ETL.

Our Plano tries to pull, rarely back stocks; usually it's a shortage of hours and PDA's that kills it. Their backstock carts are organized but i find they don't fill multiple locations.

There is a designated puller. Used to get hours from IS, but now it comes from backroom hours - I think because they pull between CAFs. Other IS hours are used for tms doing 4x4's.

They're probably the most entitled team in the entire store.

bEiTL.gif

you stop that.

What volume store are you. What size is your store. There is no way two team members can get all the work done on a average week.

We are a C, borderline B volume store. My TL worked pog every single day (even her LOD shifts. Until recently the 3 of them got everything done. This past week they needed someone else for like 25 hours though.. but the workload skyrocketed for BTS.

we had very little BS from our BTS set... didnt go overnight either.. would have liked too though!

sheesh feel bad for your teams.. my etl tried to figure out who should be pulling pog batches and she found something updated that said BR pulls batches.. i was lol'ing because they dont ever pull for us.. we have one BR tm scheduled presentation every night that pulls and pushed for us. no backstocking though

Hey guys, so if you go onto work bench and type in adjacency calendar, you'll find something that breaks it down..

It states that the hours allotted for a pog DO NOT INCLUDE merchandising clearance or discontinued product, pulling or back stocking. Then with some further research it states that back room does. It reiterated that the hours do not include pulling, only
pushing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back