Archived states with liquor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if anyone knew which states carry liquor/beer. I'd love to be able to use my discount on alcohol!

Virginia does for sure. I was @ the Leesburg Super Target a couple months ago, they have a nice selection of adult beverages.

I would think any Target with a pfresh has beer... and any in general have wine? /confused

I used to work at a store in Conn. and there was no alcohol sold. In Conn., even the grocery stores couldn't sell any alcohol other than beer. I'm not sure if the Targets there added beer when they went pFresh.
Now I live in Ariz. and all the Targets and grocery stores here sell wine, beer and liquor.

I used to work at a store in Conn. and there was no alcohol sold. In Conn., even the grocery stores couldn't sell any alcohol other than beer. I'm not sure if the Targets there added beer when they went pFresh.
Now I live in Ariz. and all the Targets and grocery stores here sell wine, beer and liquor.

Nope, still no alcohol. P-Fresh or otherwise :facepalm:

There are liquor stores everywhere though, so I get by.

I wonder how many people buy beer on break and consume some lol

According to the Handbook, No persons employed at Target are allowed to purchase alcohol during their shift, which includes both breaks and lunches. You are also not allowed to buy it before your shift and store it in the breakroom, office, or lockers. It must go in a vehicle outside. You can buy it after your shift or when you are not working.

Thats what my HR told me.

We only have beer. Our liquor consists of drink mixers with no alcohol in them.

Iowa is beer/wine/liquor.
Tennessee is beer only.
North Carolina is beer & wine.

As for the TM purchase policy, last time I bought liquor in my old Super, I was able to buy it on my lunch, but I had to take it immediately to my car.

We've had beer and wine for awhile and we just got liquor. We're told that you can't use your discount on liquor because the price can't fall below state minimum. I'm sure hardlinesmaster has half a dozen links for this. We also can't have any backstock and have to report to the state how much we order and keep on hand.

whew! I am glad I don't live your state, dr. It used be no discount on beer & produce, years ago. When I got some busch beer on clearance for 4.50, i used my tm discount & it was on the slip with .40 off. Then I went back & got some more beer!

Beer and wine is no problem with the discount. Liquor (vodka, whiskey etc.) is regulated through the state. This is in Michigan, btw.

We have liquor and wine at my store, no beer. I believe the TM discount applies for alcohol.

When I was in Hawaii, I noticed they had a very nice liquor selection that was far lower priced than the grocery stores. Not as much as K-Mart though, apparently.

My store in NY (not NYC) just started selling beer and Mike's in December before we started our P-Fresh remodel. Not sure if the discount applies though - I'm not old enough to buy it.

My the stores in my state sell beer and wine. But even with the discount you can get it cheaper elsewhere. You usually significantly cheaper.

In CA we have a mixture of stores that sell beer and or hard liquor. How does corporate decide which stores sells what?

Illinois has all of it ;)

But not all stores in Illinois!

I know of at least one store that doesn't (yet) sell "adult beverages" -- and it was a recent build, too (the next wave of PFresh remodels will most likely take care of that, since there are no local ordinances).

North Dakota I know can't sell any kind of alcohol unless it is in a stand alone liquor store, so the Targets there can't sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back